RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I decided to build my Hackintosh! After weeks and weeks spent here looking through all the mods I finally started. I will try to build this to look as original as possible on the outside. I am going with 300 Series MB and Coffee Lake. The system will take place of my Mac Pro 1,1 and like it It will be a triple boot system (Mac, Windows 10, Fedora). Also, Staying within a budget of $1600 or less is what I am trying to do.

Inspired by Psycho Rocker and tviolation’s builds

Components List
-Apple Quicksilver Computer Case
-Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W
-ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370
-NVIDIA 1060 GTX 6GB
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16 GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel
-SSD’s times 3 already owned
-CORSAIR RMx Series RM750X 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular
-Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU - Black (this is key!!)

So here we go….

The case with all plastics removed
IMG_0066.jpg

Gutted out
IMG_0070.jpg

First Difficult Cut (Man!!! I love that Dremel)
IMG_0085.jpg

It came out great!!!
IMG_0087.jpg

Next was the I/O back plate. I did not want to use a kit, I wanted to keep it original as possible. I ensured I measured 10 times and cut only once.
Came out pretty nice! :) and I like the original hole grid, I need to file it straighter
IMG_0096.jpg

A bit of graphics candy fitting perfectly (except for the crooked standoff, don't mind it)
IMG_0098 (1).jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

So, for the front panel I had a really hard time deciding which way to go and I elected for the simplest way. This way required some cutting and modding (after all modding is key). I purchased a power/reset kit from amazon and cut out the plate out of some spare metal and drilled and cut the required holes and squares, some hot glue and tada!. Is somewhat ugly but we won't see that once finished not even when we open the case.

IMG_0101.jpg

Put together-
IMG_0103.jpg

And it fitted perfectly!!! :)

IMG_0104.jpg

nice, I have to say...
IMG_0106.jpg

This is it for now-- I know it is a long first post but as I was working I wasn't sure if I wanted do a build post but, I want to see what you guys think, I will ask you guys for help as I continue and hell, this is awesome to look at. I know it was for me and still is. Looking and learning from all these different mods and builds, I had to share mine.

Till later!

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Excellent start, cant wait to see more and get inspired to get mine started. I am still a bit unsure about going with an 8 Gen or a 7 Gen processor; only because the current 8Gen Mother Boards dont have the form factor I need to do what I want.

Any way good luck, and like I said, cant wait to see more.

So a quick update. The Eisbaer AIO Cooler came in and I was able to measure and cut out what I think are the last big case cuts. I fitted it in the cooler and it fits perfectly. The flexibility that it provides and the size factor its making me think that the build is going to work the way I envisioned it in my head. I just have to order the new hoses and maybe a few rotatable angled fittings to make it work. At this point I think I'm done with the case, all that is left is to fill in the old not needed holes, some / lots of sanding and painting. Also, I decided to make my own cables and the materials should be here tomorrow; that's going to take a while but it will be worth it, specially since I want to keep everything inside the case. I don't want to put or route anything between the case and plastics. This is it for tonight, below are a few shots of the small progress of today.

Cutting the fan holes-
IMG_0112.jpg

Finished cuts - fans in and looking good.
IMG_0119.jpg

Radiator fitting in nicely and not blocking anything :)
IMG_0115.jpg

The height of it is perfect for this build.
IMG_0118.jpg

This is it for now, hopefully I'll have more this weekend.
PS. If anybody can recommend any techniques to polish the plastics it will be appreciated...

So I ran into a little bump on the road on this build. Putting together what I thought was one of the last mock-ups I realized that I failed to take in consideration the size of the Eisbaer 240 AIO pump and the thickness of the Corsair RM750X PSU. Basically and in short I was literally 1/2" short of making it work. So after some thought and research I had a couple of options: 1 wait until the just announced Eisbaer LT release, or 2 replace the PSU for a SFF sized PSU. I chose option 2 and I think that the SILVERSTONE SST‑SX800‑LTI 800W SFX‑L will do the job.

If anyone out there knows about this PSU please fell free to provide feedback on it.

Last edited:
So I ran into a little bump on the road on this build. Putting together what I thought was one of the last mock-ups I realized that I failed to take in consideration the size of the Eisbaer 240 AIO pump and the thickens of the Corsair RM750X PSU. Basically and in short I was literally 1/2" short of making it work. So after some thought and research I had a couple of options: 1 wait until the just announced Eisbaer LT release, or 2 replace the PSU for a SFF sized PSU. I chose option 2 and I think that the SILVERSTONE SST‑SX800‑LTI 800W SFX‑L will do the job.

If anyone out there knows about this PSU please fell free to provide feedback on it.

How is the AIO pump messing with the PSU?

How is the AIO pump messing with the PSU?
When I put together the MB, AIO Pump and PSU (Corsair rx 750) I cannot close the door, the Pump bumps against the PSU. One thing is that if I were to use the hoses and fittings that come with the Eisbaer AIO it would not be possible at all either even with a smaller SFX PSU. This is because the hoses come out straight up. My solution is to use the 90 degree fitting out of the pump and the smaller SFX PSU. The items are on the way and once they get here I will mock it up again to see if works (I will remember to add pics this time). All I need is about 3/4" to make it work.

Update. So the Silverstone came in and it looks like is going to work. I also received the 90 degree fittings and installed them coming out of the Eisbaer CPU Pump/Cooling block combo. I installed everything and although it was tight it did work. Below are some pictures showing how it fits. The one drawback is that the hole I had cut for the Corsair PSU does not aligned with the Silverstone PSU therefore the esthetics have suffer. I'll have to think of something to beautify that.

This is how close it was, actually I was short maybe an 8th of an inch but, I still have some play room if I rest the PSU completely against the side wall (second picture show the available space) Also the PSU is shorter and i was able to use the original mounting holes.
IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

This is how it looks from the side :(.
IMG_0146.jpg
Side close up of how it fits.
IMG_0144.jpg

Quick update! Almost there, I just have to make my cables do some hose and cable management, then to Installation of OS's.
Quick pics.
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

That looks great! Could you do me a favor? could you please measure the distance from your MB to the Hinge of the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back