1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post up to show off another tonymac inspired mod. This is my second Hackintosh in a few months. My first one was a mini built in a Commodore 64 case and Commodore 1541 floppy case. You can see that one here if you'd like...http://dominionproject.wordpress.com/category/commotosh-project-hackintosh-in-a-commodore-64/

Anyway, this one is built in a Quicksilver G4 Powermac case. I decided to capitalize on the clear acrylic look of the handles by making the side panel clear, adding a pro keyboard and mouse, and a set of Harmon Kardon soundsticks. A pair of modded-to-function pro speakers will follow at some point too.

Once I saw that the pro mouse had a red LED in it, I also knew I had to make the whole thing have a translucent red "Candy Apple" look.

I did not document the build because there are already a lot of documented G4 mods on the web and I was anxious to get on with it. If anyone has any questions though, I'll be happy to answer the best I can.

Here is the build...
Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H motherboard
OCZ 600 Watt PSU
3.4 GHZ Intel i5 quad core processor
OCZ 120 GB solid state drive
3 TB storage
16 GB RAM
Sony Optiarc slot load CD DVD drive
Dynex Firewire card
EVGA nvidia GeForce 1024 MB video card
Apple Pro Mouse and Pro Keyboard
Asus 23" LCD
Harmon Kardon soundsticks and sub woofer (sound and look awesome - video does not do them justice)
Silenx 120 mm fan with red LEDs
Red LED light strip
Side of chassis cut away and paint removed from acrylic side panel.
The apples on the side of the case are translucent red (candy apple) with a green leaf.
Running OSX Lion via Unibeast and Multibeast ... THANKS TONYMAC!

Here are some pics...

IMG_7862.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_78682.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_78611.JPG

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFy1QQxwXE&list=HL1339557558&feature=mh_lolz

Awesome case mod! I'm working on a G5 right now, but that's awesome! I like the Apple Logo's on the sides with the colors!

Thanks guys. Everything seems to be working great too.

DavGerm4: A G5 case mod would be fun and a sweet build. Are you taking pics as you go or posting progress on here? Good luck.

How hard was it to fit your components. I've got an old antec p180 I can use on my next hack but I've also got a free G4 with the keyboard and mouse like yours. I really like the colored apples. Doing something similar seems like fun. How did you get the side panel clear? Did you just remove an extra panel or what?

Is there space for your PSU to breathe? I can't see how you did airflow for that.

DavGerm4 said:
Here's a link to my case mod: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=63877

We're in the process of installing Lion now, just having a bit of issues, hopefully we can figure them out soon!

Nice work so far. That I/O panel is nice and clean. Looks good.

That is a beautiful setup. I'm also curious how you did the sides with the translucent and colored apples.

All you need now is ditch the desk and get a glass one. ;)

Work of art. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back