G4 MDD Front Panel Pinout

Motherboard
Asus Pro Gaming Aura/Wifi ITX
CPU
i5 6900k
Graphics
Intel 530
Hi,

i want to do a MDD Mod and want to keep the FrontPanel. Is there a wireing diagramm to rerout the pins for a atx MB?

TIA
Thomas
P.S. pictures are welcome

Motherboard
GA-H270N-Wifi
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Not sure if I have seen instructions for the MDD anywhere. I have only seen info for the Sawtooth and the Quicksilver. Reason probably being that the MDD are not popular among modders. Personally I have done a G5, a Q4 QS (info thread soon) and I am in the process of doing a G3 b&w. When I ordered a G4 MDD on EBay however I quickly realized what people mean when they say a MDD is basically impossible to mod.

Even without knowing your specific situation with the MDD my recommendation would be to ditch Apple's original front board and create your own with standard PC parts, which is what I did with the G4 QS. You basically re-create the front panel board holding the switches from wood or plastic. In my case I did a 3D print. You then use kits like this or this, if the front panel switches of the MDD have enough travel. The switches in the G4 QS did. The switches in the G3 b&w not so much though. There I created the front panel board with a 3D print and then soldered contact switches like this to an existing cable kit like the ones above.

Pictures of the 3D printed parts attached to this post. What you see there from top left to bottom left: 1) USB/audio front panel for the G4 Quicksilver, 2) holder for the flat contact switches + LED for a G4 QS, 3) holder for physical Lian Li switches for a G4 QS, 4) holder for flat contact switches + LED for a G3 b&w and G4 Sawtooth.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Pro Gaming Aura/Wifi ITX
CPU
i5 6900k
Graphics
Intel 530
Thanks for your reply.

but i want to keep as much as possible from the interior and exterior .
i made a few picture from the front panel, so if someone could get som information on it?? IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0548.jpg IMG_0549.jpg IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0548.jpg IMG_0549.jpg IMG_0550.jpg IMG_0551.jpg IMG_0552.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5 8500
I'm doing my own conversion. Are you able to post the 3D print files?

Last edited: