Contribute
Register

G4 Cube with Z77n-wifi,i3 3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi rossi, I glad to hear that I haven't miss a header for the sound. My build is going ok, the other question I wanted to ask is, I only have one display in M/L settings and wondered if you had the same, and if you altered it, how was that possible, thanks.

I have updated to 10.8.3 ML, and have just connected another display(LG 24inch monitor) with HDMI, along with the Samsung 50 inch TV that my Cube is always connected to by HDMI, and it works out of the box. The only thing the update took away was onboard sound, but the HDMI sound is still working, I will run Multibeast to fix the Intel onboard HDA.

Cheers
Rossi.

Edit: By the way, what is the complete system hardware you are running?

Hi rossi, my system is Z77n-wifi, i3, 8gb 1333 ram, dvd, 700w psu. But when I switch her up the graphics are 1024x768 and there's nothing else, that's why I wondered what your graphics were like, also when on line I can't see videos and wondered what's missing. Do you have any idea? Thanks dirtwegy.

Is your i3 the 3225 Intel 4000 series graphics? is it Ivy bridge or Sandy bridge? Can you put in a DVD movie and play from your optical drive, or from USB? or is it only online? are you running Mountain Lion OS and the DSDT for your board and ran the multibeast with the right settings for your setup? Do you have an Apple account and can access the app store? sorry for all the questions, but will help narrow it down for me.

Hi, it's 3225 i3, 4000 graphics ivy bridge, I haven't got a dvd yet, but I can play a movie in Quicktime, it's only online that I can't, i'm running M/L and I can access and sign in to apple store, DSDT I did not get one from Tonymac. I think I put Multibeast on OK, but I don't know. thanks, I hope I given enough info...Oh, I have onboard graphics which I think is 4000.

Hi, it's 3225 i3, 4000 graphics ivy bridge, I haven't got a dvd yet, but I can play a movie in Quicktime, it's only online that I can't, i'm running M/L and I can access and sign in to apple store, DSDT I did not get one from Tonymac. I think I put Multibeast on OK, but I don't know. thanks, I hope I given enough info...Oh, I have onboard graphics which I think is 4000.
With your system being the same as mine, I can suggest that you follow the instructions in this link.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-customac-mini-2012-guide-notes-progress.html

Hi Rossi,

Noob question regarding your power switch build.In your power switch cable green is positive and white is negative.How did you find it out? By using a polarity checker?
I have a similar cable (different colors) but there is no indication about polarity.Will I fry the power switch if I mistakenly reverse polarity?:confused:

Thanks and congrats for your build!
F.

Hi Rossi,

Noob question regarding your power switch build.In your power switch cable green is positive and white is negative.How did you find it out? By using a polarity checker?
I have a similar cable (different colors) but there is no indication about polarity.Will I fry the power switch if I mistakenly reverse polarity?:confused:

Thanks and congrats for your build!
F.

I just followed minihacks wiring tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4-cube/43924-cube-switch-modding.html, but I didn't use his LED part, I just used the power part, I don't know if you would fry anything, but I just followed the tutorial and it works perfectly. And I haven't had any problems with it. Cheers. Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back