Contribute
Register

G4 Cube PSU Re-Stuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go.

Am I correct in reading that the line between the 8 pin on the front panel header and wire 5 on the little power switch header has two lines spliced into it: 1 to the out- of the ebay board and one to the screw plate on the power switch? All other lines are just a single wire between two points, yes?

Thanks for this diagram and accompanying explanation.

Spence

Such a show off with the separate quotes....

So you you only have those three wires connecting to the power switch? Nothing going to either the LED cathode or anode? Does your LED stay on when the computer is on or just pulse when your finger is nearby?

Spence
Spence, it is a common ground connection. The fourth terminal (Vin ground on the eBay board) will already be connected by a ground plane on the PCB to the Vout ground on the board so an extra wire is not needed. The wiring plan shown on that diag. links all the grounds together.

And yes, with wiring as shown the LED will pulse when there is a finger close by to indicate the operation of the switch but at other times will be off.

Am I correct in reading that the line between the 8 pin on the front panel header and wire 5 on the little power switch header has two lines spliced into it: 1 to the out- of the ebay board and one to the screw plate on the power switch? All other lines are just a single wire between two points, yes?

Thanks for this diagram and accompanying explanation.

Spence
YES. What Minihack states is correct. The way to read the diagram is where there is a little round circle, it indicates a junction where a signal is split, or spliced as you stated. Lines that cross without a little circle indicate separate signal paths with no connection between them.

Thanks backspacek! It wasn't a difficult build either, I think it's got a lot more character than a retail boxed NUC. We can thank Apple for that!

Cheers!

The IR Receiver showed up today from PowerBookMedic. Installed it inside the top front of the PSU shell, lined up exactly with one of the vent holes for best reception. It works up to 7 or 8 feet away, maybe further but my office isn't that large. Genuine Apple functionality for just a few dollars. :thumbup:

isw2.jpg

rjh6.jpg

u0.jpg

Ersterhernd

ersterhernd, Excellent work!

You've inspired me. i think my next hack will be MicroMacPro; using a NUC in a Macally hard drive case, like in the pic below.

Attachments

• 41G4s5NcrgL.jpg
    41G4s5NcrgL.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 159
ersterhernd, Excellent work!

You've inspired me. i think my next hack will be MicroMacPro; using a NUC in a Macally hard drive case, like in the pic below.

Now thats interesting! I use that case for my external hdd for mac and windows.

I've seen somewhere on google that a guy stripped down his old macbook pro en putted in that case pretty cool!

should be cool if you can reuse the power butten on that case!

Rick,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back