Contribute
Register

G4 Cube project - Guidance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a G4 Cube and is currently planning to build my first hackintosh in it.

Hardware
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WiFi, Socket-1151
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 - Socket-LGA1151, Dual Core 3.7GHz, 3MB, 51W, 14nm, HD530
RAM: 2x4GB
Storage:
  • #1 for OS: Kingston SSDNow 120GB M.2 SSD (M.2 2280, SATA 3.0, single sided)
  • #2 not decided yet, but some kind of 2,5" HDD.
The plan is to use the machine as the family photo-editing Mac, using Photos and maybe running some non-demanding games. Because of that there's no plan to add discrete graphics.

I've been looking into which power supply that could work with this system, but struggling a bit with making sense to how many watts is actually necessary.
Which one of these should I choose? http://www.mini-box.com/Power-Supplies-Kits

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a G4 Cube and is currently planning to build my first hackintosh in it.

Hardware
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WiFi, Socket-1151
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 - Socket-LGA1151, Dual Core 3.7GHz, 3MB, 51W, 14nm, HD530
RAM: 2x4GB
Storage:
  • #1 for OS: Kingston SSDNow 120GB M.2 SSD (M.2 2280, SATA 3.0, single sided)
  • #2 not decided yet, but some kind of 2,5" HDD.
The plan is to use the machine as the family photo-editing Mac, using Photos and maybe running some non-demanding games. Because of that there's no plan to add discrete graphics.

I've been looking into which power supply that could work with this system, but struggling a bit with making sense to how many watts is actually necessary.
Which one of these should I choose? http://www.mini-box.com/Power-Supplies-Kits
Since the Pico PSU is over 90 % efficient and the recommended PSU wattage for your system is 137W I would go with the 150W version. The 160 would work as well if you plan on future upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back