Contribute
Register

G3258 - Anniversary Editon - compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
title says it all. The new and unlocked G3258 should be coming out soon. First reviews show it to be a very budget friendly and highly overclockable option for builders on the x87 and x97 platform.

I'm thinking about building a hackintosh with this chip but don't know if it's compatible?

Greetings
sas3n

Hi,
title says it all. The new and unlocked G3258 should be coming out soon. First reviews show it to be a very budget friendly and highly overclockable option for builders on the x87 and x97 platform.

I'm thinking about building a hackintosh with this chip but don't know if it's compatible?

Greetings
sas3n

Should be as compatible as any of the Ivy Pentiums. You will need a Z87 board if you want to OC, so that pushes the build price up, plus the need for a gfx card since the integrated is unsupported.

Hi,

Greetings
sas3n

The Haswell Pentiums haven't worked at all with Mavericks so I would do some research into this before investing in it. They did work up to 10.8.5 ML but that seemed to be the cutoff.
Would work well for gaming on the Windows side but I'm not certain it would work with Mavericks.
If you are getting a graphics card, pay a lttle more for an I3-4150, that should have respectable gaming performance as well as work with OS X.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...ium-g3220-new-haswell-pentium.html#post687714

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back