Contribute
Register

G3: Just the Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctorevil: that is another idea, however, I'm not sure it would really fit in. I've actually had this radio on my desk for a few weeks now, and I don't think it looks very good. I'm a fickle kind of guy. I'm still thinking of something that might work. I've even considered using the lower section of the iMac G3 that I have and the factory speakers as a stand for my monitor, but I think that would look hacked too. I'll find something for these desktop speakers.

I'm getting closer to making the iMac into a sub. I'm waiting until I can get back to my school's workshop so I have room and tools to cut some acrylic to make the inner box properly. I'm also trying to find a way to make an instant on connection where the system powers on when it receives a signal from the computer, but shuts off when not in use. This is the same thing that most home audio systems have on powered subwoofers. I'll get there.

So I took a small step forward and did something simple and cool to have some desktop speakers I wasn't embarrassed of.

It's just and Atari 2600 I picked up for $20. There's room inside to house the small 3" speakers I've been using with my no-name DVD/stereo thing. They actually have better bass inside this than they did in their regular housings. The Atari is still 100% functional and I didn't hack anything other than a small irregular bump inside the case. I simply hot glued the small 10w speakers to the floor and ran the wires out the stock AV hole in the back.
Now I just need to find a cleaner way to mount the monitor to show off the 2600 a little more :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back