Graphics
2xGTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So here's the issue i'm having - I have the Acer XB270HU 1440p G-sync 144hz IPS monitor and when I boot to OS X, the monitor is no longer running in G-Sync mode per its OSD. Then when I boot back to Windows 10, the latest Windows 10 Nvidia driver (as of August 11 2015) no longer says the monitor is "G-Sync Capable" as it did before, and the monitor will no longer run in G-Sync mode when gaming - and the OSD continues to say 'normal' mode, not 'Nvidia G-Sync' as it does 'normally', even while in Windows.

Effectively, booting into OS X does something to my monitor's communication with my SLI 970's to go 'out of sync' and renders it G-Sync-less, if that's a word.

There is an easy fix - when I unplug the display port cable and then plug it back in, Windows immediately recognizes that a G-Sync monitor has been plugged in and all is fine....until I go back to OS X and the cycle begins again. So, you can understand my frustration. I've been staying in Windows because of this.

I'm 100% sure it's booting into OS X that is causing this based on my testing.

Have others experienced this? Thoughts on what to do?? I'd like to use OS X but am reluctant because of the effect it's having on my $750 monitor's key feature.

Thanks.

Dave

Key System Specs:
i7 4790k
2xGTX 970 in SLI
Asrock Extreme4 mobo
16 gigs 2133 Mhz ram
Acer XB270HU monitor
etc. etc.

Oh wow that's wild.. have you tried it while running just a single 970?

haven't tried it mainly because even if it did work, I wouldn't want to do that.

separately I was considering selling my 970's and going with a 980ti, so if I do that it's possible it could fix.

Another fix I'm playing with is whether enabling deep sleep in my bios for shut down/S5 would cut the signal to the monitor and do the same thing as unplugging DP cable - appears that this does work as well. So I just can't hit 'restart' out of OS X, needs to be a shut down.

anyway still hoping there is a fix for this currently or coming from Nvidia although there are probably relatively few people with my config :-/

Hey, I have the same issue with my Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX970 and the Acer XB270HU.

Are there any news?

I've had this same problem ever since I got my ASUS ROG PG278Q G-Sync monitor. Everytime I boot into Windows, I need to unplug and plug in again the Displayport cable to the monitor to force it to detect G-Sync. Once detected, I can boot again into Windows without problems. Once I boot back into MacOS, however, and then return to Windows, G-Sync is not detected.

Now that G-Sync is supported in the latest Nvidia webdrivers, I was hoping that this problem would be resolved. But alas, G-Sync is still not detected in Windows unless I unplug the display cable again.

I'm wondering if something in the Clover settings are affecting this.

I also still have this issue with the newest Webserver and my Acer XB270HU... Are there any news for this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back