Core i7 4790k
Graphics
2xGTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So here's the issue i'm having - I have the Acer XB270HU 1440p G-sync 144hz IPS monitor and when I boot to OS X, the monitor is no longer running in G-Sync mode per its OSD. Then when I boot back to Windows 10, the latest Windows 10 Nvidia driver (as of August 11 2015) no longer says the monitor is "G-Sync Capable" as it did before, and the monitor will no longer run in G-Sync mode when gaming - and the OSD continues to say 'normal' mode, not 'Nvidia G-Sync' as it does 'normally', even while in Windows.

Effectively, booting into OS X does something to my monitor's communication with my SLI 970's to go 'out of sync' and renders it G-Sync-less, if that's a word.

There is an easy fix - when I unplug the display port cable and then plug it back in, Windows immediately recognizes that a G-Sync monitor has been plugged in and all is fine....until I go back to OS X and the cycle begins again. So, you can understand my frustration. I've been staying in Windows because of this.

I'm 100% sure it's booting into OS X that is causing this based on my testing.

Have others experienced this? Thoughts on what to do?? I'd like to use OS X but am reluctant because of the effect it's having on my $750 monitor's key feature.

Thanks.

Dave

Key System Specs:
i7 4790k
2xGTX 970 in SLI
Asrock Extreme4 mobo
16 gigs 2133 Mhz ram
Acer XB270HU monitor
etc. etc.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i7-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Oh wow that's wild.. have you tried it while running just a single 970?

Motherboard
ASRock Extreme4
CPU
Core i7 4790k
Graphics
2xGTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
haven't tried it mainly because even if it did work, I wouldn't want to do that.

separately I was considering selling my 970's and going with a 980ti, so if I do that it's possible it could fix.

Another fix I'm playing with is whether enabling deep sleep in my bios for shut down/S5 would cut the signal to the monitor and do the same thing as unplugging DP cable - appears that this does work as well. So I just can't hit 'restart' out of OS X, needs to be a shut down.

anyway still hoping there is a fix for this currently or coming from Nvidia although there are probably relatively few people with my config :-/

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Gaming Master
CPU
i9 10900K
Graphics
XFX 5700 (with 5700 XT BIOS)
Hey, I have the same issue with my Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX970 and the Acer XB270HU.

Are there any news?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had this same problem ever since I got my ASUS ROG PG278Q G-Sync monitor. Everytime I boot into Windows, I need to unplug and plug in again the Displayport cable to the monitor to force it to detect G-Sync. Once detected, I can boot again into Windows without problems. Once I boot back into MacOS, however, and then return to Windows, G-Sync is not detected.

Now that G-Sync is supported in the latest Nvidia webdrivers, I was hoping that this problem would be resolved. But alas, G-Sync is still not detected in Windows unless I unplug the display cable again.

I'm wondering if something in the Clover settings are affecting this.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Gaming Master
CPU
i9 10900K
Graphics
XFX 5700 (with 5700 XT BIOS)
I also still have this issue with the newest Webserver and my Acer XB270HU... Are there any news for this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.