i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia 1070 + Intel 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So i've been having issues installing High Sierra on my laptop with dedicated graphics. Thanks to gsync the laptop's display is hooked directly to the graphics card. My problem is I haven't been able to have a clean install let alone boot. I unchecked nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1. My FakeID for intelGFX is set to 0x12345678. In my Kext/Other I have NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu. (as well as FakeSMC). When at the clover boot screen I also checked/unchecked Nvidia webdrivers. At best I "finish" a laggy installation where the laptop reboots immediately without being prompted. When I attempt to boot from the HDD verbose mode cutsout and takes me to an apple logo with an incomplete loading bar and a cursor I can move around when plugged into a mouse.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

So i've been having issues installing High Sierra on my laptop with dedicated graphics. Thanks to gsync the laptop's display is hooked directly to the graphics card. My problem is I haven't been able to have a clean install let alone boot. I unchecked nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1. My FakeID for intelGFX is set to 0x12345678. In my Kext/Other I have NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu. (as well as FakeSMC). When at the clover boot screen I also checked/unchecked Nvidia webdrivers. At best I "finish" a laggy installation where the laptop reboots immediately without being prompted. When I attempt to boot from the HDD verbose mode cutsout and takes me to an apple logo with an incomplete loading bar and a cursor I can move around when plugged into a mouse.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.1

Heres my config and some errors im getting.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 159
Heres my config and some errors im getting.
Rehabman will need more than that to help you. Read that link he sent you. He needs the entire EFI folder (minus some stuff like themes).

Here it is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 103
Here it is.
Turn off igpu in your bios and take out all the intel ids and what not. The laggy installer is because of the Nvidia 1070 card. It needs to have the web drivers installed (but this is done post install). Remove Lilu and Nvidia graphics fixup. Try booting now. You hopefully will be able to get into the os or installer, it should be 'laggy'. You will probably need emulated nvram and will need to install the web drivers and enable them.

Or you will have to disable the Nvidia card completely and just use the intel graphics; SSDT-Discreatespoof.aml Rehabman has a guide on it, but you can't do it until you get into the OS.

Turn off igpu in your bios and take out all the intel ids and what not. The laggy installer is because of the Nvidia 1070 card. It needs to have the web drivers installed (but this is done post install). Remove Lilu and Nvidia graphics fixup. Try booting now. You hopefully will be able to get into the os or installer, it should be 'laggy'. You will probably need emulated nvram and will need to install the web drivers and enable them.

Or you will have to disable the Nvidia card completely and just use the intel graphics; SSDT-Discreatespoof.aml Rehabman has a guide on it, but you can't do it until you get into the OS.

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately my bios does not allow me to turn off iGPU. From my understanding of G-Sync laptops, the integrated graphics is disabled and the display is running only on the dGPU.

I most certainly believe it is a graphics issue and both are detected in clover, however when I boot from Intel the screen is black since it doesn't interface with the display.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately my bios does not allow me to turn off iGPU. From my understanding of G-Sync laptops, the integrated graphics is disabled and the display is running only on the dGPU.

I most certainly believe it is a graphics issue and both are detected in clover, however when I boot from Intel the screen is black since it doesn't interface with the display.
What laptop do you have? I just want to look it up :D
What do you mean by booting with the intel? Like just turning off injectnvidia?
Also what ig-platform-id are you using for your intel graphics and intel gfx id? Plus do you have the 0GPU -> iGpu patch on?

What laptop do you have? I just want to look it up :D
What do you mean by booting with the intel? Like just turning off injectnvidia?
Also what ig-platform-id are you using for your intel graphics and intel gfx id? Plus do you have the 0GPU -> iGpu patch on?

It's an Alienware 15r3 :p Also sorry when I said Intel, I meant iGPU. (turning off injectnvidia lol)

Since i've been trying to boot from the 1070 I havent bothered selecting the appropriate intel gfx id or selecting 0GPU -> iGPu patch on.

I did create a fresh Unibeast usb and removed the kext you requested. I get this weird glitch where the installer prompts for a keyboard and mouse to be turned on then it flashes a couple times and the installer locks up. The fix is to plug in a keyboard and mash spacebar. A second too late and it will lock up regardless.

During the install same thing happened as before. The installer said some minutes remaining and vomited in verbose something I couldn't read before it restarted. (possible KP?)

When rebooted the HDD was available and im currently installing. So far the progress bar shows up with the time remaining (which is new) but its been stuck on a minute remaining for quite sometime now.

Attachments

• img.JPG
    img.JPG
    741.7 KB · Views: 119
Here it is.

You forgot to press F2 to generate misc/preboot.log (we need it to decide whether your profile is accurate or not).
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back