Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
I recently bought an ASUS PG279Q and everything works fine in Sierra 10.12.1 (even 165Hz) paired with a GTX980Ti through DisplayPort and another Samsung monitor through HDMI. I had to apply AGDPFix 1.3 to make both working together.

The problem I found is that most of the times I enable G-Sync in NVIDIA control panel, the OS freezes completely after a few seconds. Some times it works fine and I am able to play some games for a few hours but it seems random.

I also noticed that the screen may turn off and on frequently when G-Sync is enabled.

Has anyone noticed a similar behavior?

UPDATE: When I disconnect the second monitor that was connected through HDMI everything seems to be fine.

Last edited:
Hi there
I bought the Asus PG348Q (also with G-Sync). After I enabled G-Sync over System Prefs my System freezes.
My second (non G-Sync) monitor (also Asus, but just Full HD) is connected via HDMI. I will try connecting the second monitor via something else.

How did you connected your second monitor, and did it solve the problem for real?

Regards
Janis

Hi there
I bought the Asus PG348Q (also with G-Sync). After I enabled G-Sync over System Prefs my System freezes.
My second (non G-Sync) monitor (also Asus, but just Full HD) is connected via HDMI. I will try connecting the second monitor via something else.

How did you connected your second monitor, and did it solve the problem for real?

Regards
Janis

I had to completely disconnect the second monitor to avoid the freezes. I haven't tried with the new Nvidia drivers though.

Problem still seems to exist on latest web drivers. I had to completely unplug my second (60hz non gsync) display.
I've no disabled gsync again so I can run both displays at the same time.

I've noticed that with G-Sync enabled, the display will faintly flicker but no other issues at 60Hz. At any other frequency, however, both my G-Sync display (Dell S2417DG) and my other non-G-Sync Display (Dell U2515Hx) go completely black. I've just turned it off for now, but it sounds like a driver issue.

Don't suppose anyone has a fix for this? I'm getting exactly this problem as well.

Has anyone tried 2 Gsync monitors to see if it fixes the multiple monitor freeze?

I just had my first freeze on Sierra and came here to see if someone else had this. This only happened after a few minutes of enabling G-Sync in the settings. My advice is to just disable it, I won't use Mac for games anyway so i'm not worried about that.

I have PG348Q I just use an older version of Nvidia drivers (387.10.10.10.25.157) with G-sync and 100 Hertz. No more crashes

I have PG348Q I just use an older version of Nvidia drivers (387.10.10.10.25.157) with G-sync and 100 Hertz. No more crashes

can you use the older driver even if you are on the higher version of high sierra? I see that this build above is for 10.3.3. I am on 10.3.4. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back