Graphics
Geforce 210 1GB ram
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone I have a weird problem I recently bought a 1.8ghz dual cpu power mac G5 with an fx5200 64mb agp graphics card. I know this is an x86 forum however I figured someone here might be able to help me. I took a geforce fx5500 and flashed the bios with a modified mac bios for it. I installed the card and when it comes up it is recognized as an fx5200 w/ 256mb ram as it is supposed to be. The problem is that the apple cinema display that came with it will not work in the dvi port, but if i take a dvi to vga adapter and hook up a crt monitor it will show up just fine, and the vga port works just fine. My question is this...is there anyway that I can modify the .plist for the graphics card to make it work, and 2 does anyone know why this would be happening. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Oh and I'm running Leopard 10.5.8

This isn't the best place to get G5 advice....we mostly cover Intel based Snow Leopard and Lion installations.

Take a look at the FAQs. faq.php

Of course if you want to gut your G5............

Assuming I would be interested in gutting the G5 how would I go about this, and what would it cost, and what parts would I need?

Take a look at the Customization forum

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=76

I have documented a couple of conversions that are documented there as have others, so you can see the range of solutions, from not changing the case, to minimally changing it, to completely replacing the back.

It all depends on what you want to build....take a look at the suggested builds at

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

Depending on what you desire performance-wise you can build one for as little as $300 or spend $1500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back