Contribute
Register

Fuzzy screen on boot with HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, same here, I tried everything you suggested no luck.

I'm injecting via DSDT, all clean, normal HD4600 from latest i7 processor id:

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D } (it's the only id that actually works fantastic)

Framebuffer is Native Azul, QE/CI all good, TODO fantastic ! Just one thing.. 10 sec of FUZZY analog signal before login screen ?? Connected to HDMI !

Anyone has a solution to get rid of this annoying 10 sec ...

Please fill in your profile as requested by the Rules. Hard to give advice with no hardware specs only knowing the title of the this thread is for fuzz on HD4600 at boot.

Hey, sorry for late reply. I will fill it thanks. But problem has been solved, the problem was that I'm connected to the HDMI port, but frame-buffer was defaulting to DP. Thanks to Toleda who spotted the problem, I used his azul b patch, and the problem was gone.. Also making hdmi audio work.. patch is here:

https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers

More info on the story here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/?p=2140321

I was going to suggest patching the Azul.kext with the great guide written by toleda here. HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

I tried putting in the IGPlatformID info as suggested, and like others have mentioned, it cleared up the fuzz, but also killed audio. Now it looks like there's nothing in the Sound system pref. Removing the IGPlatformID info brings back audio, but also brings back the fuzziness.

Not sure where to go from here.

Working with a GA-Z87x UP5 TH with HD4600 only

Edit: I re-read this entire post. I'm gonna try the edited FrameBuffer solution and report back.

Edit #2: Oh yeah! The toleda directions were spot on. Ran the script and BOOM! No fuzzy, and I get from the Apple screen to login screen in under 9 seconds! That's the best part of this, faster boot time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back