Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...sing-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.html#post492275

I've got a Gigabyte UP5-TH mobo, 660TI, Samsung 840 SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, and a 500GB WD (my starting drive which i clone from).

I get the Fusion Drive created and finish all the steps, however, upon reboot I get the "boot0" error. When I boot from my Unibeast Drive and select the Fusion Drive, Verbose mode tells me "still waiting for root device." How do I fix this? I can't even get into the Fusion Drive, period.

Following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...sing-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.html#post492275

I've got a Gigabyte UP5-TH mobo, 660TI, Samsung 840 SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, and a 500GB WD (my starting drive which i clone from).

I get the Fusion Drive created and finish all the steps, however, upon reboot I get the "boot0" error. When I boot from my Unibeast Drive and select the Fusion Drive, Verbose mode tells me "still waiting for root device." How do I fix this? I can't even get into the Fusion Drive, period.

Well... you may have hit a condition that I had not thought about when I generated the Fusion guide, that being the large block problem. The 3TB drive might be the problem. If you want to confirm it you could try building a Fusion drive set with an under 1 TB hard drive.

I am sorry that I do not have a solution.

neil

what's the large block problem?

I tried that on a previous fusion build, lemme try it again. It should work, I think. Possibly if I mount to both the hidden /dev/disks

No luck. Would updating my motherboard bios + SSD/HDD firmware help out?

SenorDickWiches,

I don't think so....I think it's more to do with your Seagate's design.

I think a better choice would be to change your brand of hard drive for the Fusion setup. I would suggest trying a 2TB Toshiba/Hitachi HD.
This is because though it uses the faster AF Format, the Toshiba/Hitachi has an onboard controller that turns the 4096 bytes into 512 bytes automatically, so that when the OS reads or writes to the disk, it is made to 'think' it is talking to a 512 byte drive, which in actual fact it is an AF Format drive.

Middleman, I just picked up a WD Caviar Black 2TB. However with the WD in order to remove the "boot0" error (no fusion drive), I had to follow this guide: http://www.mymac4music.com/2011/10/boot0-error/

Booting then worked fine. Now, should I even bother trying to create a Fusion Drive with the WD, or will it create problems/should I go pick up a Hitachi/Toshiba?

Neilhart,

I've since picked up a new WD 2TB Caviar Black to replace my Seagate 3TB Barracuda.

My Fusion Drive creates fine and I know it is operating well, because I have a custom theme for Chimera on Fusion and that loads upon startup. However, I can't boot into the Fusion Drive, I get a "Still waiting for root device" error. I can boot into the HDD that has Mac OS X installed that I used for creating the FUD.

Another thing, I mounted my "Boot OS X" drive and found that there is no "boot1h" file, only "boot." Could that be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back