Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware Aurora R7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX1080
Hardware
This clover setting should work for recent Alienware Aurora R7 desktops (released on 2017 and 2018) which installed with Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU. It may need some minor modifications to completely fulfill your machine.

The hardware details for my machine: i7-8700, GTX 1080, Adata sx8200 480g nvme ssd, DW1830 wifi+bluetooth card

Working condition:
I connect two 4k monitors to the machine both through display port on GTX1080, they work good.

Sleep and wake are good.

Usb ports are injected through SSDT-USB.aml

I do not use Intel integrated GPU, so it's not tested.

I have no related devices, so I did not test the SD-Card reader, USB-C ports and HDMI ports.

Killer 1535 Wifi+bluetooth card does not work (need to be replaced)

Download: https://github.com/jianghaizhi/DELL-Alienware-Aurora-R7-macOS
Welcome to star this Github repository :)

There may still exist some issues in this configuration, if you have any problem or improvement, please comment below.

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 20.39.37.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 20.39.08.png

Thank you for uploading! I have basically the same system but I have the GTX 1070 and having some issues just starting up the installer. This is the exact machine I have here. Could you maybe tell me what I need differently for this to work? Also what bios settings did you use because I know I have limited options. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Hardware
This clover setting should work for recent Alienware Aurora R7 desktops (released on 2017 and 2018) which installed with Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU. It may need some minor modifications to completely fulfill your machine.

The hardware details for my machine: i7-8700, GTX 1080, Adata sx8200 480g nvme ssd, DW1830 wifi+bluetooth card

Working condition:
I connect two 4k monitors to the machine both through display port on GTX1080, they work good.

Sleep and wake are good.

Usb ports are injected through SSDT-USB.aml

I do not use Intel integrated GPU, so it's not tested.

I have no related devices, so I did not test the SD-Card reader, USB-C ports and HDMI ports.

Killer 1535 Wifi+bluetooth card does not work (need to be replaced)

Download: https://github.com/jianghaizhi/DELL-Alienware-Aurora-R7-macOS
Welcome to star this Github repository :)

There may still exist some issues in this configuration, if you have any problem or improvement, please comment below.

View attachment 351637

View attachment 351636

Hey mate I was wondering if you could maybe help me out? You are like the only one who has gotten this to work. Much appreciated! :)

Hey mate I was wondering if you could maybe help me out? You are like the only one who has gotten this to work. Much appreciated! :)
I have exactly the same Machine as you do. except I replaced 1070 with R580 and also replaced the Wifi card with 4360 Airportcard + PCI-E adapter.

Everything works perfect with the EFI from jianghaizhi

Please go to his repo download his EFI and replace with your USB installer

It's not working for me. Can't even launch the installer. I choose osx in clover boot and then it crashes.

Attachments

• IMG_20181223_201818.jpg
    IMG_20181223_201818.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 158
any updates on this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back