Contribute
Register

Full Freezes on High Sierra when launching Youtube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock P67 pro3
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD7950 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am experiencing full Mac freezes when trying to watch youtube, at the beginning of a video. Have to hard reboot from that state. I am adding my config.plist.

I assume it's connected to AppleALC and Lilu kexts, but I can't find any working configuration.
I am still fighting with the OS to enable sound and be able to launch a youtube video without freezing, looking for possible solutions.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 226
Also, the problem only appears on High Sierra. When I installed El Capitan before, there was no problem with audio/video playback.
Using Chrome instead of Safari kind of fixes the problem, but I would like to use both.

Last edited:
Is this a new install of High Sierra, or did you update from a previous system?
I had GUI freezes after I updated from Sierra to High Sierra.
I had installed all the latest versions of essential KEXTs in preparation for the update - this turned out to be a mistake in my case.
I reverted all my essential KEXTs back to what I was using in the previous system (Sierra) and the GUI freezing stopped.
I also double checked my UEFI/BIOS settings - they were fine, but I reloaded them anyway and so far so good.
I couldn't work out what has happening from the system logs - but my money is on FakeSMC , Lilu and WhateverGreen - I can't fully substantiate that claim though.
All I know is that reverting to previous versions of those KEXTs has solved my issue.
I was also getting an issue after my monitor turned off (power savings setting) - wouldn't turn back on.
That issue is also solved.

Hope that is in some way helpful

Hi, mine Freeze since 10.13.4 update, crash log said is apfs but troubles began with video, after some tries of changing BIOS settings and clover configuration, it still freeze after some time (screen stays visible but freeze).

This last trouble was solved by last 10.13.4 update (17E202)

Gigabyte GA-270M-HD3 + NVidia 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back