Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 680
Sorry, complete noob here, first post and everything. Please bear with me.

I have a working UEFI Win10/Ubuntu/Mojave multiboot setup. Took me a good week of trial and error until I got everything up and running, so you would understand my being cautious not to screw up anything. I used MultiBeast Mojave Edition. Everything is mostly fine, but I noticed that the Clover package installed by MultiBeast is a bit abridged, lacking themes and the preference pane. I updated Clover to the latest stable version with Clover Configurator, but I was also thinking about installing the full package for more options.

So, as I was studying the custom install options of the full package, I saw the "Install Clover in the ESP" option, marked as an upgrade. The description says "Need to format ESP as Fat32 on Mac first" along with the instructions on how to do that. That's where I halted. To my understanding, Clover has been already installed in the EFI system partition. What would happen if I proceed with this option? Would it just overwrite the existing EFI folder? Is there any chance of messing things up? Please advise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 2.52.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 2.52.13 AM.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 154
Sorry, complete noob here, first post and everything. Please bear with me.

I have a working UEFI Win10/Ubuntu/Mojave multiboot setup. Took me a good week of trial and error until I got everything up and running, so you would understand my being cautious not to screw up anything. I used MultiBeast Mojave Edition. Everything is mostly fine, but I noticed that the Clover package installed by MultiBeast is a bit abridged, lacking themes and the preference pane. I updated Clover to the latest stable version with Clover Configurator, but I was also thinking about installing the full package for more options.

So, as I was studying the custom install options of the full package, I saw the "Install Clover in the ESP" option, marked as an upgrade. The description says "Need to format ESP as Fat32 on Mac first" along with the instructions on how to do that. That's where I halted. To my understanding, Clover has been already installed in the EFI system partition. What would happen if I proceed with this option? Would it just overwrite the existing EFI folder? Is there any chance of messing things up? Please advise.
The instructions are just telling you that in order to install Clover as UEFI your drive need to be GUID scheme and either Mac Journaled or APFS format. If you are upgrading an existing Clover install that was installed as UEFI you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks, I'll proceed with the installation then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back