Contribute
Register

Full acceleration with Radeon R9 270

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

I really need help in relation with using FakeID. I'm running El Capitan on my PC.
I already used FakeID (frankly, just tried to). As you can read in the title, I have a Radeon R9 270. This is not an OOB card, and I'm aware of the fact, that I need to do some spoofing.
I went into Config.plist and set the things I read in the "Radeon Compatibility Guide" section 4. This is how the FakeID part looks right now:

Code:
</dict>
        <key>FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <string>0x68001002</string>
            <key>IMEI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>LAN</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>SATA</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>WIFI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>XHCI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
        </dict>

So instead of the 'Display 5mb', in "About This Mac", now I see an encouraging 'AMD Radeon R9 270 5 MB'. And trust me, I can feel that it is INDEED not using 1 single MB more than 5 MB. The system is sluggish, videos in 720 are lagging, etc. Interesting though, is that when I booted up, the system did automatically set the correct resolution for my display.
I'm very new to the Hackintosh thing and I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong, so please, if you know how to solve my issue to have full gpu acceleration, help me. And also, if I may ask, please make your helping answers detailed, so even me, a complete beginner could understand.
My Complete Specs:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R (Legacy)
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB DDR2
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB
  • Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB
Thank you, very much! :)
Have a nice day everybody! :D

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I completely reinstalled El Capitan, and tried to use fakeID again, this time via Clover Configurator and with the fakeID 0x68101002. Selected InjectATI in graphics and the same thing happened again. In "About This Mac" it says 'AMD Radeon R9 270 5 MB' again. Also, this time I don't even get my normal resolution setting either.
I still have NO idea what I could have done wrong. I didn't mess with any kexts, etc...
Please someone help me!

Last edited:
I also realized, that there are no AMDxxxxController.kexts in my Library/Extensions at all...and I suppose, that's a problem. Why could that be and how can I get these controller kexts?
EDIT: I DO have them....I was looking in /L/E instead of /S/L/E.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back