Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and all its ok
Okay, then you need to try to do this.

If you are using the sanity check as a guide then you should be running OC 0.6.6. at least. Don't bother with any later versions because they won't exactly work and will cause conflicts.

Other than that you will need to use:
boot-args = keepsyms=1 nvda-drv-vrl=1 npci=0x2000 alcid=1
for the NVRAM boot-args section to boot with the Nvidia card if the Nvidia patch drivers are still there in /S/L/E.
Otherwise you may need something like a GT710 to boot because it is one of the few supported Nvidia cards macOS Catalina still works with. Personally I think your GT210 card may be too old to support the newer macOSes (this is why it is rebooting), since the GT210 doesn't support Metal, and Metal is a prerequisite for running Mojave onwards.

hello I have a kernel panic after installing the patch. my mobo is arktek h61m and GeForce 9400 GT gpu with Catalina installed and working, the only problem I had is that it had video at 3 mb. I tried with the bootargs above but it still doesn't work. before applying the patch it worked with video at 3mb

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_105000.jpg
    IMG_20211121_105000.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83
My main system (in Bio) is a desktop i5 with RX 570 and it works great (Catalina). However I decided to torture myself and resurrect my old HP 2000 laptop (i3 with HD3000). I have Mojave up and running on it so decided to try the fix for HD3000 installer. On reboot the system stalls out. I have to use a fake ID to get back into a desktop. Is there a way to "uninstall" the fix without crashing the system completely? Using Clover 4934 with 10.14.6.

Last edited:
My main system (in Bio) is a desktop i5 with RX 570 and it works great (Catalina). However I decided to torture myself and resurrect my old HP 2000 laptop (i3 with HD3000). I have Mojave up and running on it so decided to try the fix for HD3000 installer. On reboot the system stalls out. I have to use a fake ID to get back into a desktop. Is there a way to "uninstall" the fix without crashing the system completely? Using Clover 4934 with 10.14.6.
The patch replaces files in the System folder, so you have to put back the original ones and rebuild the cache with Hackintool... I've tried that a long time ago, but I don't remember if I had success — I made the trial on an external drive, so the internal 10.11 stayed clean.

Installing an OS update should reverse the effects of the patch.
Thanks, I tried last night but looks like I'm stuck on the logo screen again. Gives me something to do over the weekend :)

Thanks, I tried last night but looks like I'm stuck on the logo screen again. Gives me something to do over the weekend :)
Mojave is harder to tinker with than the former versions. The only way I've found without reinstalling (or restoring) is to start from another 10.14 drive (or partition) and run kextcache -i "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" after moving files around (Macintosh HD being of course the drive you try to cure) — in your case after replacing the kexts and frameworks the patch had installed.
It's mandatory to use the same 10.x version otherwise nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back