Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok and RX 570 its the same? but the kernel for this? @trs96

is the 9800gt supported on this patch then?

Assuming this method is similar to the patching achieved by DosDude (Mojave and Catalina), I've confirmed that this works for my Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia G3100m), Thinkpad T61 (Nvidia NVS 140m), DIY Socket 775 (Nvidia 8600GT) and DIY Socket 1156 (Nvidia 9800GT).

Verified for macOS Catalina 10.15.2, the Legacy Video patch package enables full acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Cards in macOS Catalina.

This is a Fix for Graphics Intel HD 3000 and fix Old NVIDIA Graphics for macOS Catalina 10.15
Support Graphics Intel HD 3000. Support: GeForce 5xx, 4xx, 2xx, 8600M(GT)/8800M(GT), 9400M/9600M(GT), 320M/330M
For macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta and Release

Warning: this package replaces system files and could render your system unbootable.

Please leave your experiences here in this thread!

EDIT: Latest Legacy Video patch-(xxxxx) pkg attached.

Hi, I have
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB

, will it works with this video patch ?

Hi, i have a GeForce GTS 450 on the second Pcie (in first Pcie i have a RX 5700 XT), how can i make it work in Mac os Catalina 10.15.5 with this pack?

Thx

I haven't built a Hackinbox for quite awhile. Probably five years. My main box, specs in sidebar, runs High Sierra fine. But I wanted to move to Mojave recently b/c of compatibility issues on some key software I regularly use. Bought a Radeon Pulse RX580 for Metal support; long story short, unable to get it to work (pink screen). Not wanting to end up completely wasting my time, I tried chris111's HD 3000 patcher for Mojave (on a test external SSD) and it works. Even Hackintool shows "VDA Decoder: Enabled" (or 'working," whatever the nomenclature) for HD 3000.

HOWEVER, in HD 3000, running Photoshop in Mojave was pretty much a joke. Even by reducing GPU rendering load in PS preferences (taking it down to "Basic" from the Default of "Advanced"), HD 3000 simply doesn't have the muscle to run Photoshop (v.21.1.1.2). In addition, getting on my creaky knees, pulling my box out from the wall, unplugging the video cable from my Radeon GPU and fishing for the mobo iGPU video input is, well, unpleasant.

So, although I can confirm the patcher does work as advertised (& kudos/thx to chris111 for his time & effort), for my usage needs Mojave (not to mention Catalina) is out of reach considering my hardware. Hardware which, at this point in time, I am not able to upgrade. So I'm basically maxxed-out at High Sierra. But thx for this thread, the links and informed comments. I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back