Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue here Intel HD 3000 10.15.4 (19E287)
Also QE/CI working good no metal support but all app working great including Video QuickTime Player and Youtube video :thumbup:

Works.png

Hi all,

After upgrade to 10.15.4, I got kernel panic just after load kext, as shown in the picture.

I have Nvidia GeForce 210 and it worked fine in 10.15.3. I've tried to install fresh 10.15.4 and then apply the patch with same kernel panic. I've also tried booting with DisableLibreryValidation.kext but no luck.

Anyone with same problem? Any idea on how can I avoid this KP??

Thanks!!

Fixed the same issue by installing julianfairfax's macOS Patcher 3.0 tool over broken 10.15.4, by booting into installation usb, mounting macOS volume, and running patch.sh from the patcher.

Latest Beta of Catalina works great with the GeForce 210 and Legacy Video Patch:D
Screen Shot 5.png

TonyMac, is it still advised to use the "DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI.aml" Gigabyte DSDT file for the 2011 CustoMac? Should it be in "origin" or "patched" or is it no longer necessary? Thank you.

Just tested on my CustoMac Mini GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - i3 2105 - HD 3000.

1. All you have to do is install the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext then (for Clover) edit config.plist to change Devices/Audio/Inject to 3, then HDMI audio works for either HDMI port.

2. I'm also having an issue where initially the Clover boot screen is 1024x768, and no hard drives show. If I press Exit Clover it reboots Clover boot screen with 1080p and shows drives and automatically boots successfully.

After installing 10.15.2 from Unibeast, I did the rough update to 10.15.4 under Clover 5102.
Was eventually able to reboot successfully repeatedly with 1024x768 resolution.

Built the Legacy-Video-patch-16 package (watch the video) and installed it successfully. Didn’t know to run any Pre or Post scripts. (Where is the documentation for this process? Or are the Pre and Post scripts just automatically built into the Package installer?)

After installing the package and rebooting, I get a slow boot progress bar at 2/3 completion. Waited forever, but it nudges along until full and then just sits there.

Booted Verbose to see what was going on, see an endlessly repeating AMFI error. I searched for and found this same thread and Peterhack’s posts. Peter, where are the boot arguments discussed? How did you learn about them? I saw your general description AMFI link, but does the patch author discuss this issue offsite? Do you have a link?

Was able to boot successfully with long argument string:
-v -no_compat_check amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 amfi_allow_any_signature=0x1 cs_enforcement_disable=0x1
(these are divided with spaces, not hard returns.)

After successfully booting into 1920x1080 accelerated HD3000 graphics, I ran the Post Repair bash script in Terminal (right click open with...) it fails. (I suspect because it needs to run as Sudo, but I don’t know how to load it with sudo.)

So I open the .script file and it opens in Script Editor and does nothing. I realize I have to click the Play icon in the Script Editor program.

I deleted the existing com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist file already there, then hit the Play icon in Script Editor and it creates a new com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist file in Volume/Library/Preferences/.
Inside the .plist it says:
<key>DisableLibraryValidation</key>
<true/>

I rebooted. Same slow progress bar at 2/3’s to infinity. AMFI seems to be ignoring the com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist. :(

Will reboot with the long boot argument then, and then download the DisableLibraryValidation.kext and see if that gets me booting. Peterhack, where did this .kext come from?

Placing the DisableLibraryValidation.kext from peterhack's post in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and rebooting allows the Mac to boot successfully in 1920x1080! :) Verified with multiple Restarts.

There is an update on Legacy Video Patch :clap:
EDIT *** V-14 Fix preinstall script postinstall script 10.15.4 (B2 (19E234g))

My working method
Install 10.15.4 B1 Update to 10.15.4 B2 from my MacBook Pro
Install Legacy Video Patch from Hackintosh with DisableLibraryValidation.kext :lol:
Or boot args
-no_compat_check amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 amfi_allow_any_signature=0x1 cs_enforcement_disable=0x1

Last edited:
TonyMac, is it still advised to use the "DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI.aml" Gigabyte DSDT file for the 2011 CustoMac? Should it be in "origin" or "patched" or is it no longer necessary? Thank you.

No longer necessary, as the default Legacy Clover settings in UniBeast and MultiBeast include DSDT fixes inside the config.plist.

Peter, do you still have the DisableLibraryValidation.kext installed?

I could not boot successfully until I installed the DisableLibraryValidation.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, even though the correct com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist was already present in Volume/Library/Extensions/Preferences/.

My method is simple, I let it mention, new installation (Create Install Media) and installation of the package Legacy video Patch. For my part I have no Buz AMFI which I do not have to use security library validation.scpt
For you and your GT 240 I don't know
EDIT
I forgot to mention that I will ask chris1111 by email if I should use security library validation.scpt. He told me to install it reboot and delete the com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist file in Library / Preferences and it works
For me it's identical to not use the script
But we might as well use the script and not delete the file and it works

It worked! For some reason audio didn't work for me back in January under 10.15.2, but now simply clicking "AppleALC" in Multibeast 12.1.0 under 10.15.4 took me from No Audio devices to full audio 3 out / 1 in WITH HDMI audio!
Aww... it's been so long since I broke HDMI audio! Well now I've upgraded from a hobbled 10.12 install to full resolution HD and HDMI Audio 10.15.4 install! I'm very happy. Thanks Tony!

Just tested on my CustoMac Mini GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - i3 2105 - HD 3000.

1. All you have to do is install the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext then (for Clover) edit config.plist to change Devices/Audio/Inject to 3, then HDMI audio works for either HDMI port.

Peter, do you still have the DisableLibraryValidation.kext installed?

I could not boot successfully until I installed the DisableLibraryValidation.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, even though the correct com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist was already present in Volume/Library/Extensions/Preferences/.
No longer necessary this kext is no longer works
Simply using the Package Legacy-Video-patch.pkg all is integrate, for my part I am not need any boot flag because the com.apple.security.libraryvalidation.plist doing the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back