Contribute
Register

Fujitsu Lifebook E734 not getting to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again. :D I rebuilt the USB stick. Using Dortanias guide. Now it boot nicely but: after a while, when the time is to switch from verbose boot to installer screen, the screen goes black. I have tried different platform-ids, device-ids, none of them works. I have tried all different RebuildAppleMemoryMap etc on/off. None works. attaching my opencore boot log and config.plist.
your previous posts show you had it working?

Yeah. Got tired trying to get the HD4600, Wifi and USB ports to work so decided to remake everything from scratch.

Yeah. Got tired trying to get the HD4600, Wifi and USB ports to work so decided to remake everything from scratch.
check device-id :

Didn't work. I have done exactly as the guide says. I'm running out of ideas what to do. Not so good at troubleshooting.

UPDATE:got it to boot to installer. Had to change platform-id to Ivy Bridge 03006601. Kinda weird but seems to work.

EDIT: Got installed and everything else is working great except Graphics. It shows correct iGPU HD4600 but vram shows only 4mb still.

Last edited:
Screen stays black. As I told earlier, I was able to boot it to the desktop with the Ivy Bridge ig-platform-id. Still had 4Mb VRAM. Then I tried to study framebuffer patching etc. and got to the point that screen stays on but is black. Not a brightness issue. I think that it has something to do with the EDID and I have no idea how to extract that from the laptop, because I found config.plist for Lifebook E744 and there was AAPL00,override-no-connect patch with huge string of numbers. Copied it to my config.plist and that was small step forward again. If I understand correctly, that is the EDID for the display? Without that my screen goes completely black as it was turned off and with it it looks like its on but black screen still. So how can I extract or generally find out displays edid? OpenCore config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back