Contribute
Register

Fujitsu Lifebook A512 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
unibeast is for desktops

follow the guide in my signature

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Well that explains a lot. I will read those guides now and try it and see. I may be back to you again.

unibeast is for desktops

follow the guide in my signature

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Just noticed your Irish name very cool. Fear Éireannach anseo freisin. Ran into a problem already. Downloaded Clover and following the instructions. Using Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963 from the download from this site.

For Clover legacy, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (we need to change some of the default options)

All that went OK. Now here are the problems

- "Install for UEFI booting only" will be unchecked

When I click on Install for UEFI booting only it greats out other options that are in the following lines of the instructions (see attached)

- "Install Clover in the ESP" will be unchecked
- in "Bootloader", check "Install boot0af in MBR" ("Install boot0ss in MBR" for HDD install if dual-boot Windows)
- "CloverEFI" should be checked
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

Again any advice or help appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.43.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.43.18.png
    508.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.41.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.41.00.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 37
Just noticed your Irish name very cool. Fear Éireannach anseo freisin. Ran into a problem already. Downloaded Clover and following the instructions. Using Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963 from the download from this site.

For Clover legacy, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (we need to change some of the default options)

All that went OK. Now here are the problems

- "Install for UEFI booting only" will be unchecked

When I click on Install for UEFI booting only it greats out other options that are in the following lines of the instructions (see attached)

- "Install Clover in the ESP" will be unchecked
- in "Bootloader", check "Install boot0af in MBR" ("Install boot0ss in MBR" for HDD install if dual-boot Windows)
- "CloverEFI" should be checked
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

Again any advice or help appreciated.
looks ok to me, they are greyed out because you chose UEFI, assume you have UEFI?

also update your hardware profile properly as per rules before your next reply please

looks ok to me, they are greyed out because you chose UEFI, assume you have UEFI?

also update your hardware profile properly as per rules before your next reply please
Hi Feartech. So I followed all the steps and made the USB. It boots to clover I select -V Verbose mode and tell it to boot but it just goes to a blank screen and nothing is displayed. I obviously have something set incorrectly but can't figure out what it is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 61
Hi Feartech. So I followed all the steps and made the USB. It boots to clover I select -V Verbose mode and tell it to boot but it just goes to a blank screen and nothing is displayed. I obviously have something set incorrectly but can't figure out what it is.
Anymore advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back