Motherboard
Razer Blade 14 2015 4K
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I installed sierra on my razer blade 14 2015 equipped with an intel hd 4600 and gtx 970m 4k resolution.
I've applied coredisplay patch, unpatched after it didn't work, and installed coredisplayfixup, intelhdgraphicsfixup, lilu and fakecpuiid kexts and it still didnt work giving serious artifacts where half of the display will go black. when I log in by typing my password and hitting enter, I was able to reach about mac and see my intel display graphics correctly with 16xxmb of graphics memory which indicates graphics is working. I've set my framebuffer to 128mb same as dvmt pre aloc to 128mb too. This is very frustrating and I'm out of ideas. Coming from who successfully made a dell 5577 to completely work on mojave with just sd card as the only bug that could not be fixed. Aarrgh!!!

ps, I'm only able to boot without artifacts by not injecting graphics id. (note that this was thesame for el capitan too. Tried High sierra and mojave, it was so laggy that the system usually grinds to a halt that sometimes, it won't even boot. It felt like it boots when it wants when I tried high sierra and mojave, so I downgraded to sierra which now gives me a horrible display. I'll always avoid laptops with 4k screen because of this.

Edit
Stupid me figured out.
I had to enable dvmt pre alloc option in bios to be able to change dvmt pre alloc from bios settings instead of doing it in bios file which was not really changing my dvmt pre alloc lol.

Last edited:
Cc: Rehabman Pls, I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back