Contribute
Register

Front panel audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lnx2Mac,

Thanks in advance!

I hope you're asking for the list of files. This editor is not allowing me to attach any file. Or is there a way to do it?

Here is the list:

DSDT.aml
Extensions.mkext
com.apple.Boot.plist
Extensions
Themes
smbios.plist

In Extensions I have these
Legacy888bHDA.kext
Legacy889aHDA.kext

Lnx2Mac,

I've attached the Extra here

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    276 KB · Views: 63
kb100 said:
In Extensions I have these
Legacy888bHDA.kext
Legacy889aHDA.kext
That's your problem...
Remove the Legacy888bHDA.kext, rerun DiskUtilities from Multibeast, and enjoy your audio... ;)

Lnx2Mac,

Even this did not work. Do you think a fresh re-install may work? Let me try that.

Hi,

Just got my back audio working after pulling my hairs out for a few days. But the front audio port still not working.

Maybe you have the same problem that I managed to fix.

As Lnx2Mac said:"remove one of the Legacy888bHDA.kext" then rerun Multibeast, and choose AppleHDA.kext rollback from the drivers section.

Reboot and hopefully it works.

Leonaris

Followed this DSDT guide and got message:

System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000SL.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used . Please try reinstalling it.

other than that multibeast boasts "The installation was successful"

I remember this notice appearing/happening last time I did my last user DSDT install as well (slightly different tonymac version) so it is not only happening in your method.

I believe this is related to the wired ethernet network which I also haven't tried out yet.

Also, now my D-Link DWA 556 wireless card is no longer recognized as an Airport card whereas before it was working OOB.

I skipped re-installing everything and just ran Multibeast user DSDT method again . . . any thoughts?

Lastly, what is the advantage of automatic -v mode? doesn't this take longer to boot whereas it can be enabled manually if needed? I could be imagining things but the verbose screen seems to hang a little at the end right before the blue screen pause into desktop.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back