1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Configuration:
Core i7 860, P55M-UD4
MultiBeast: User DDT

Re-installed OSX for the fourth time with these options for audio but I can't get the audio to work.
Installed Legacy Audio ALC885/ALC 889a. Also tried Legacy Audio 887/888b. No HDAEnables installed.

During start up, I can see AppleHDA failed with assertion in xxx.cpp file. I can't get the full information on this error since the screen scrolls down and OSX comes up really fast.

kb100 said:
Configuration:
Core i7 860, P55M-UD4
MultiBeast: User DDT

Re-installed OSX for the fourth time with these options for audio but I can't get the audio to work.
Installed Legacy Audio ALC885/ALC 889a. Also tried Legacy Audio 887/888b. No HDAEnables installed.

During start up, I can see AppleHDA failed with assertion in xxx.cpp file. I can't get the full information on this error since the screen scrolls down and OSX comes up really fast.
Do you have the latest (F9) BIOS & DSDT from the database ?

Verify your BIOS settings match the ones I posted here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521

See my post in viewtopic.php?p=18357#p18357 for detailed instructions.

The Multibeast options you should choose are as follows (you can skip the ones under the "Disk" section if you don't need them):
file.php

Just don't forget to put the downloaded DSDT on your desktop, and rename it DSDT.aml !

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have exactly as in your screen shot and DSDT.aml for the latest BIOS version F9 on my desktop.

I also had the OSx86 checked. Is that the issue? I saw Tony's video where he had this one checked.

kb100 said:
I also had the OSx86 checked. Is that the issue? I saw Tony's video where he had this one checked.
Nah, that's optional... but it shouldn't bother.

Hmmmm... Just a though, is it just the front panel audio that doesn't work ?
What about the back panel ?

Have you wired your front-panel as HD-Audio (as it should) or AC'97 ?

Yes, it's wired as HD Audio and it works fine on Win 7.

I haven't tested the back panel. Mostly I'll be using the front panel.

During start up, I can see AppleHDA failed with assertion in xxx.cpp file. I can't get the full information on this error since the screen scrolls down and OSX comes up really fast. Is there a way to pause this part and the log might throw some more light into this.

Re: Audio not working.

Checked the back panel audio and even that is not working. Please help!

kb100,

Have you reinstalled OSX ?
Or still "Trying to avoid the entire process" (as you stated in viewtopic.php?p=21027#p21027 ) ?

A clean OSX install with tony's method can be done in under 30 min with your hardware...
IMO, it'll take you much more time trying to figure what went wrong in a tweaked install than starting over...

Lnx2Mac,

Yes I did a clean re-install after erasing the disk. :)

Do you think I should wait for 10.6.4 update and things will get better?

kb100 said:
Lnx2Mac,

Yes I did a clean re-install after erasing the disk. :)

Do you think I should wait for 10.6.4 update and things will get better?

Hmmm... Weird...
It should work OOB if you pick the right options...

Care to post your /Extra here ? I'll take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back