Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
GA-P55-USB3 (rev2) ALC 892 - running OSX Lion 10.7.1

Previously I was using ALC8xxHDA.kext with AppleHDA.kext (rolled back version) along with DSDT and my audio is working including front panel headphone except for the front panel Microphone which has never worked.
Finally my front panel MICROPHONE is working using patched AppleHDA for ALC 892 from the following link.
http://www.kexts.com/view/1578-applehda ... _lion.html

If you want to test, I suggest the following.
a) Copy & Backup ALC8xxHDA.kext from /Extra/Extensions to a safe place
b) Copy & Backup AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to a safe place
c) Delete ALC8xxHDA.kext from /Extra/Extensions
d) Download patched AppleHDA kext place on desktop and use KextBeast to install. (this will over write current AppleHDA in /S/L/E)
e) Run System Utility (repair cache & permission)

REBOOT and Test front panel Audio headset with Microphone.

this won't work on 10.6.8? I've not been able to get my microphone to work, but I'm running 10.6.8 and using ALC8xxHDA.kext and rolled back version AppleHDA.kext.

Genkora said:
this won't work on 10.6.8? I've not been able to get my microphone to work, but I'm running 10.6.8 and using ALC8xxHDA.kext and rolled back version AppleHDA.kext.
just tested with my Snow Leopard 10.6.8 using the same method as above and it works.
Front MIC + HEADSET working with GA-P55-USB3 Rev2 board with 892 chipset..

All this did was kill my audio. I tried it again, but with ALC8xxHDA.kext installed and still no sound. My audio works fine using the rollback and ALC8xxHDA from multibeast, just my mic doesn't work. I do have a different chipset though, which I suppose could create issues. Mine is a GA-H67M-D2-B3. Do you know of anyone with this chipset who got their mic working?

I made sure that I removed the right kexts, and the patched HDA you linked still does not work, in fact is just killed my audio again.

Genkora said:
I made sure that I removed the right kexts, and the patched HDA you linked still does not work, in fact is just killed my audio again.

Well, perhaps it does not work for you. Remember that this requires mod DSDT (from tony's DSDT Database). As for the link above for ALC889, there is certain parameters must be part of the the DSDT. If you are using DSDT from this forum, double check those parameters ensure they are matching using DSDTSE tool.

How to, without DSDT ? :?

I also got this problem with my Asus P8P67, I patched the DSDT my self, and the HDEF part has been done, now i use only ALC892.kext and the AppleHDA rollback, but no microphone (neither front nor back).

tonight i'll try patching my AppleHDA and give it a try, thanks for the tip :)

But I have a question first:
Other than the 2 bin Patches done to the file, are there any other mods to do to AppleHDA? some info files ??

Update 1
Patching the stock 10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext + DSDT patch is not enough, i had to inject the modified platform.xml and layout.xml.

which is the same as the downloaded kext from the osx86 website.

but in both cases the microphone is not working neither back nor front panel...
Auto swtiching seems to work, because i see the description change from "Internal Microphone" (no jacks) to "line in" (when i connect the mic to front panel jack)...

maybe i need different layout xml ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back