Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built a Hackintosh a few years ago and its currently running Sierra, i have not been using it for maybe a year and now i see that most things are outdated, i cant even download Garageband anymore, is it possible to update to Big Sur or should i choose another OS for now.. wich one ?

Is the update straight forward or do i need to mess around with Clover and thing like this ?

Specs

CPU: intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz 4 core 8 threads
Ram: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: Asus Z170M-Plus
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Wifi: TP-Link N900 (TL-WDN4800)
Disk: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD

I built a Hackintosh a few years ago and its currently running Sierra, i have not been using it for maybe a year and now i see that most things are outdated, i cant even download Garageband anymore, is it possible to update to Big Sur or should i choose another OS for now.. wich one ?

Is the update straight forward or do i need to mess around with Clover and thing like this ?

Specs

Specs

If it has been a few years since you updated clover and the likes chances are you will need to update it for any OS past High Sierra, but that likely will not fix your GarageBand problems. With all the changes Big Sur brought in I would not go for a straight upgrade to Big Sur I would got to Mojave or Catalina first. As farfetched said your GPU is not supported after High Sierra so you would need to configure the IGPU or get a supported AMD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back