2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Seeing all the great mods here, especially eelheads, I want to try this G5 mod too.

I submitted a low offer price on a MacPro G5 case on eBay thinking the seller will just reject my offer. Well, for some reason the seller accepted my offer... so now, I have no choice but to buy it! LOL!

Also bought some Broadcom cards, PCI adapter and antennae.... might as well go all out on this mod!

Will post pictures once I receive the case and start this project!

Where can I find documentation for the front panel boards where all the power, USB jacks are located? Or do you just try to trace it with a multimeter.

But you get a Mac Pro, or a Power Mac G5? They are different, and if we know wich case you buy, we can help you, because for example, the fron IO panel cable is different for Mac Pro to a G5...

In any case, here is the diagram for G5
file.php

In this section of the eelhead post, he is talking to me about the cable: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=16300&start=160

For Mac Pro, is this other:
frontpanel.jpg

usb.jpg

About this last, I can't help you, because I have a G5.

I suggest, if you will going to use a mobo tray, go to the web site of lian li, and search for you tray. Maybe in the future, I will do it like that, but the tray that I want is unavailable right know and I made in this way... Keep one eye in that.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Thanks a lot. This is great.

I have the MacPro case.... I was real careful not to buy a PowerPC case.

Here in the forum, a few boys had made the mod in Mac Pro, look them. I will see your process...

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back