Contribute
Register

From iMac to Hackintosh, will I be disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm having a new question, can you confirm me it will be a fully silent hackintosh ?

- MB : Asus Z97I-PLUS
- GPU : No graphic card (using integrated craphic card)
- CPU:
Intel i5 4690
- Cooler :
ARCTIC Freezer i30
(no hard drive)

Best regards

Hi,
I'm having a new question, can you confirm me it will be a fully silent hackintosh ?

- MB : Asus Z97I-PLUS
- GPU : No graphic card (using integrated craphic card)
- CPU:
Intel i5 4690
- Cooler :
ARCTIC Freezer i30
(no hard drive)

Best regards

All depends on what case fans you'll use. How fast the CPU cooler fan will run. How is the
mini-itx case designed ? It certainly won't be completely silent unless you take all these
things into consideration. I would also check into how well the i30 cooler will fit onto that
mini-itx motherboard. It may possibly block a ram slot or two.

Hi,
Thanks, sorry I forgot the case. My setup is based on the CustomMax Mini deluxe.
if there is any better case to improve silent, let me know !

If you define "silent" as 0 Db then no, you can't accomplish that with a Bitfenix case with an
i30 CPU cooler. The only way would be to use one of the NoFan cpu coolers in a case that
it would fit into. That would likely be a larger mATX case. But check the dimensions of both
the NoFan cooler and case anyway as I don't have the exact numbers of the CPU cooler
clearance of the Phenom. Also not sure how those NoFan coolers work with mini-itx boards.

This one might fit but the TDP rating is only 80W. You would need a few case fans to move air.
http://www.amazon.com/NoFan-CR-80EH-IcePipe-Fanless-Cooler/dp/B00HW2O2L2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1433336866&sr=1-1&keywords=cr-80eh

You would then need an I5-4690S or downgrade to a Core I3-4370 instead to keep the CPU
heat output lower.

Depends, if you prefer looks over performance then it'll make more sense to stick with the iMac as nothing comes close to it's beauty, Prefer speed and customisation? customac all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back