Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
long story short:
i'm on a skylake with imac 17.1 def, no fancy setup, just basic kext on efi folder (applealc/fakesmc/lilu/weg/intelmausi/vodoops2/usbinjectall), and patched ssdt for 6700k cpu.
i've updated my current hack with amd card for future os x updates, and now i'm on latest high sierra.
no big changes in clover, i've just removed nvda_drv=1 and kext-dev-mode=1 in boot flags, added the injectATI flag in graphics, and i needed to enable integrated gpu in bios, otherwise the system wouldn't work properly

with gtx i've never had any sleep issues, but with the amd i get weird behaviours:
if the sleep state is around 1/2 hours, it works fine, it shuts off when i put it in sleep (with blinking led state), and if i wake it up (with power button), it works fine, no issues whatsoever.
if the sleep state last longer (i.e. sleeping overnight), when i power it on, it wakes on the login menu, like it was just rebooted (and of course it loads again all the apps like it was just booted).
i've been looking for a solution for this issue, but i didn't find any, i've also deleted powermanagement prefs with no luck (btw comparing the deleted files with the new ones i've noticed that the files are the same with no changes).

any help?
thanx

You don't need the Inject ATI option enabled with your RX570, well I don't with my RX580.

What you do need with an RX 500 Series AMD dGPU is the RadeonDeInit option enabled.

Have you made sure you also removed/disabled the NvidiaWeb option from the System Parameters section of the config.plist?

of course nvidia web drivers are disabled, and i've never had the nvidiaweb flag selected in the first place
i had to use inject ati instead of radeondeinit because with radeondeinit flag the systems use the intelgpu as primary.
is weird also because if i disable the igpu in the bios (and it would not give any issues from what i'm reading), the system is really unstable and it hangs/lag if i try to check h264/5 features, or even if i try to encode a file using metal.

btw i guess i've found the solution, seems in energy saver the power nap flag was somehow enabled.
2 days so far and the sleep is working good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back