Motherboard
Asus P9X79pro
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I have been struggling for a while to solve the CPU Power Management and finally found the solution. This MOBO requires some patches that I was using in Clover and finally found how to “translate” those patches to Opencore. Followed the guide in Dortania. I am currently running High Sierra since my GPU is Nvidia.

I have also discovered that enabling TRIM makes the booting slower so I disabled it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.37.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.37.55 AM.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.34.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.34.12 AM.png
    500.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.32.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.32.27 AM.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 114
Be aware of shortening the lifespan of your SSD because of disabled TRIM.

Be aware of shortening the lifespan of your SSD because of disabled TRIM.

What if the SSD being used has it's own garbage collection and trim routines in firmware?

What if the SSD being used has it's own garbage collection and trim routines in firmware?
It may still make a difference. I have a MX500 without TRIM enabled for one year and its lifespan was reduced 2 times faster.

I still have not enable TRIM back. My SSD is Kingston SSDNOW 300 Series V, I've read that since it has “Sandforce” feature it does not require TRIM.
You could still not enable. Just wanted to say that Micron also claims there is TRIM for MX500, but the lifespan is still shortened by macOS with TRIM disabled.

I have been struggling for a while to solve the CPU Power Management and finally found the solution. This MOBO requires some patches that I was using in Clover and finally found how to “translate” those patches to Opencore. Followed the guide in Dortania. I am currently running High Sierra since my GPU is Nvidia.

I have also discovered that enabling TRIM makes the booting slower so I disabled it.
please can u upload your efi folder

please can u upload your efi folder
Sorry for this very late reply. Here it is, OC version is 0.6.3
Since several months running Mojave after updating the GPU to RADEON RX 570 8Gb
This EFI is “heavy” because is including those images and sounds resources for the GUI of OpenCore

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.8 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back