CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm on Catalina and prior updating to BigSur I want to update to the new clover version.
I've tried various options:

Installing a clean clover 5128 into a second EFI partition. I see the choose screen and When I want to start booting macOS Catalina it only shows the Apple logo but does not continue. In verbose mode it says
"*In memory panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Treaced 14784**
It does this with a brand new and my old config.plist also with -x boot option.

I've downloaded a pre-installed Z390 gaming EFI (PastryChef) with version 5128, copied it to my EFI and tried to boot. Even with my own config.plist. Same point no boot, also with the -x boot option.

Attached is my working EFI for Catalina on 5104.

What can I do, where am I going wrong?
Thanks for all help!

Best regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.7 MB · Views: 84
I had the same issue trying to update to clover 5128. It only shows the apple logo and doesn't continue...... Hmmmm.......

I'm on Catalina and prior updating to BigSur I want to update to the new clover version.
I've tried various options:

Installing a clean clover 5128 into a second EFI partition. I see the choose screen and When I want to start booting macOS Catalina it only shows the Apple logo but does not continue. In verbose mode it says
"*In memory panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Treaced 14784**
It does this with a brand new and my old config.plist also with -x boot option.

I've downloaded a pre-installed Z390 gaming EFI (PastryChef) with version 5128, copied it to my EFI and tried to boot. Even with my own config.plist. Same point no boot, also with the -x boot option.

Attached is my working EFI for Catalina on 5104.

What can I do, where am I going wrong?
Thanks for all help!

Best regards

because it is missing all the new OpenCore quirks that clover has now mashed into their system

I had the same issue trying to update to clover 5128. It only shows the apple logo and doesn't continue...... Hmmmm.......
shouldn't hijack another post. however, you are better off using OpenCore instead

because it is missing all the new OpenCore quirks that clover has now mashed into their system

I see, I've read about it in the tutorial to move from Catalina to BigSur. But it is quite cryptic how it is done and I did not get exactly what I have to copy / paste from / to. Any how to's and explanation on the quirks?

Thanks for your effort and info, @Feartech

No prob about the jump on my bandwagon from @LoveAppleTimmu. Hope we both get a solution.

I see, I've read about it in the tutorial to move from Catalina to BigSur. But it is quite cryptic how it is done and I did not get exactly what I have to copy / paste from / to. Any how to's and explanation on the quirks?

Thanks for your effort and info, @Feartech

No prob about the jump on my bandwagon from @LoveAppleTimmu. Hope we both get a solution.
you would be better off learning OpenCore instead to be honest

Do you mean that I should uninstall Clover and abandon it and learn how I can do without Clover and only use OpenCore? Is this my path to discover?
you can read up on the conversion here:

also check over the dortania guide:

and on the left hand side under config, make sure to select the coffee lake setup

there is a lot of reading involved, maybe best to test all this on a usb stick first to make sure it works ok before replacing the clover that is already on your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back