Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone-

Thanks for being a part of this community- we're really happy you're here and helping make the tonymacx86 Forum what it is. In order to keep this place clean, there are a set of rules that we uphold to the letter.

Please follow the rules we've laid out- and if you've read them already- read them again.
Be aware that any threads/posts that violate these rules will be deleted, and the author will be banned without warning.

rules.jpeg

tonymacx86 Forum Rules

1. Read, & Research Before Asking Questions.
Please use the search function before creating a topic. The question that you ask, may have already been answered.

2. Intel CPUs and Chipsets Only.
We do not support AMD CPUs or NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets. Atom CPUs are no longer supported as of 10.6.2, so the methods and software on this site will not work. Any post requesting help for unsupported hardware will be deleted.

3. Put Hardware Specs in Signatures and Profile.
Getting help is easier when other users know your hardware. Please update your profile to include your system configuration in addition to placing them in your signature. It is important to put your specific system configuration into your signature. At the minimum, provide your CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics information and preferably include your BIOS and Operating System versions. It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you, possibly even someone with your exact build. Then when you provide help, everyone will know what type of system you are using.

4. Purchased Retail Software and Installation Methods Only.
Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

5. No Discussions About or Links To Pirated Software.
We do not condone piracy. Period. Any posts, links or discussion will get you banned.

6. Helping Others
If you are browsing the forum, do not be shy to add your 2 cents into any conversation. If you have received help in the past, you can return the favor by offering your help to others.

7. No Flaming.
Be courteous and kind to the members of this forum. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

8. Cute & SFW Avatars Only.
For suggestions, check out the avatar gallery.

9. No User to User Transactions.
No forum user can offer or accept any form of compensation for any help, services or goods. No forum user can ask for donations for any direct or indirect assistance provided through this site or the tools provided by this site. Any posts, links or discussion will get you banned.

10. Snow Leopard & Lion Only.
The tools and utilities are not compatible with Tiger or Leopard. Therefore no discussions of installation methods are allowed.

11. No Discussions of Unreleased Software or Developer Builds
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

12. No Virtual Machine Installs on a non-OS X Host
Any discussion, mention or links will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

13. No Redistribution or Posting Direct Links to tonymacx86 Files & Software
Users are NOT allowed to redistribute or post software or DSDTs created by tonymacx86 or MacMan on any other site. No posting of direct links to any downloadable tonymacx86.com content. Failure to comply will result in a permanent ban.

14. Contacting Moderators
Moderators are here to help if you have any forum-related problems or questions only. They do not offer one-on-one support. If you need help, post a question or visit the chat.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know about the avatar and the signature, thank you tony!
:thumbup:

Appreciate all the work and support. :thumbup:
I am confused about the signature block. I removed all info in my signature block except the motherboard, processor, and graphics card at the request of Modbot jr, as the message said those should be the only items unless we had a specialty item. It said my signature block should be only one line. Should I add the OS back in if it does not exceed the one line? :wave:

Thank you tony !

But I think, moderators should handle it stronger with some threads in the Buying Advice forum. I see like every day a thread which questions, that have been answered so many times and where I find the answer in a couple of seconds with the search function. I think sometimes like I'm the only one who posts links to the FAQ and to the CustoMac & GTX 5xx blogposts. :(

Coupz said:
Thank you tony !

But I think, moderators should handle it stronger with some threads in the Buying Advice forum. I see like every day a thread which questions, that have been answered so many times and where I find the answer in a couple of seconds with the search function. I think sometimes like I'm the only one who posts links to the FAQ and to the CustoMac & GTX 5xx blogposts. :(
Totally agree with you! Moderators should be more tougher.

Thank you for this forum Tony. I check it everyday!

I love to contribute and help out as much as I can, we are a great community here!

Tony this problem is getting slowly, but definitely out of control. :(

How about the idea, that when someone registers to this site, has to read the rules (with a 5 minutes timestamp) and after that, he'll only have access go couple forums and after couple of days (where the new member can learn to read threads before opening a thread with the same question that has been asked/answered 100 times) and after that, they get access to Buying Advice?

I don't want to be the person who says, you can find the answer with 5 seconds of searching, but this is like every 3rd thread in Buying Advice.

Hello,
Rule #12 is not in the "Rules" section ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/ ), so I'm not sure how we're supposed to know that one? I'm only here in this particular thread because I used google to try to find out why I wasn't allowed to discuss that topic.

Hello,
Rule #12 is not in the "Rules" section ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/ ), so I'm not sure how we're supposed to know that one? I'm only here in this particular thread because I used google to try to find out why I wasn't allowed to discuss that topic.
That is covered in the first two bullet points of the Rules:
  • This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
  • Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or Clover.
Creating a Unibeast USB installer in a VM on a Windows PC is not an approved method. Sorry that this
wasn't clear for you. Possibly we could add #12 to this to make it easier to notice. The Unibeast installer
has to be created on either a real Mac or CustoMac. That's how the rules have always been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back