Contribute
Register

Friendly Reminder: Please Read and Follow Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is covered in the first two bullet points of the Rules:
  • This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
  • Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or Clover.
Creating a Unibeast USB installer in a VM on a Windows PC is not an approved method. Sorry that this
wasn't clear for you. Possibly we could add #12 to this to make it easier to notice. The Unibeast installer
has to be created on either a real Mac or CustoMac. That's how the rules have always been.

It's not an issue of being "clear to me", it's an issue of adding a rule in some obscure thread rather than the actual "rules" page. Your quoted sections do not apply to what I wanted to discuss, but it probably would have lead to that at some point so, no point in starting the thread anyway. I will try to repair my OSX system drive on my own then come back here for help upgrading to El Capitan if it still isn't working following the guide...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an issue of being "clear to me", it's an issue of adding a rule in some obscure thread rather than the actual "rules" page. Your quoted sections do not apply to what I wanted to discuss, but it probably would have lead to that at some point so, no point in starting the thread anyway. I will try to repair my OSX system drive on my own then come back here for help upgrading to El Capitan if it still isn't working following the guide...

It's probably best to do a clean install and start from scratch with a copy of El Capitan from the Mac app Store. The Installation Guide section, which is easy to find and follow is our only approved installation method. If you're not sure you can always ask, thats why we have all of these support forums that you can post in.

On the Rules page, it states, "Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted". What the heck is an approved website? I found this thread because I'm trying to figure out why one of my posts was deleted.

On the Rules page, it states, "Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted". What the heck is an approved website? I found this thread because I'm trying to figure out why one of my posts was deleted.
An unapproved site would be any one that advocates using pirated software. Many hackintosh sites recommend that users download OS X distros that have been altered by their creators. You won't know what modifications have been made to the OS which can cause multiple problems for the end user. That's why we don't support those. Nothing but trouble. We can't offer support for anyone that chooses to use those. Only OS X downloads from the Mac App Store are allowed in this community.

Okay that makes sense, I agree with stopping piracy. The rules wording makes it sound like there is a whitelist of websites though. Rampage-Dev is fine, right?

Okay that makes sense, I agree with stopping piracy. The rules wording makes it sound like there is a whitelist of websites though. Rampage-Dev is fine, right?
No.

AFAIK he is using DMG files that he has modified so that is not meeting our requirements here. If you want to use that approach he'll have to be your source of support. The moderators and others here don't know much about what he is doing. Best to stay with just one guide / approach and follow that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back