Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi guys,

Today I installed OSX 10.10.5 on my X99 Hackintosh build. (see specs below)
I followed this nice guide from Malki, and as far as i can see everything worked out fine.
I already had a SSD installed with a windows 7 installation, this was also shown when booting from the Unibeast drive.

So i Went trough the whole OSX installation proces, installed Nvidea Web drivers, and Multibeast drivers (DSDT Free), and tried to boot directly into the Yosemite harddrive, (made this one first option in bios), however when trying to boot i get the following message;

'boot failure detected'

However as far as i can see everything in the bios seems normal. When setting the Windows 7 drive as first boot option i get the same message.. o_O
It is possible to boot from the Unibeast stick, both Windows and Osx.
Does anybody knows what i do wrong ?
And what is the best way to set up a dual boot option in this case ?

Thanks in Advance !

System Specs;
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Cpu Cooler)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB card
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400 RAM

WD HD 1 TB (Yosemite drive)
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD (Windows Drive for dual boot)

Fractal Design R5 Case

IMG_20160115_174132.jpg

Need some help Booting Yosemite (X99)

I found out that the boot error has something to do with the size of the Yosemite Harddrive, it was probably the well known 'boot0'-error, and i fixed it moving the Yosemite installation to a smaller disk.

However, i still run into 2 problems booting Yosemite;

1; When booting from the Yosemite harddrive everything works fine, but i still have to type in the following bootflags to boot up correctly; npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f
I know these can be added to the Chameleon.boot.plist , but i cant find this file. :( Where do i have to look for it ?

2; I already had a Windows7 installation on this machine, which boots up good when setting this drive to first boot priority. However, when setting the yosemite drive as first boot priority, it boots into Chimera, and shows the Yosemite Drive, and the W7 drive (NTFS), but i get a boot error when trying to boot the windows installation. When in Yosemite i can see the windows drives, and am also able to browse through them. How do i set up a dual boot system for these two drive?

Some help would be really appreciated !

System Specs;
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Cpu Cooler)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB card
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400 RAM
Maxtor 250GB (Yosemite drive)
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD (Windows Drive, NTFS)

The org.chameleon.boot.plist is located in the /Extra folder in root.
You should see 2 Windows icons - select System Reserved icon to boot Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back