Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
im having a rough time migrating to clover from chimera. I can only see black screen after selecting to boot into os x. Clover sleeps my monitor but unplugging it and reply thing it doesn't do anything. Mouse and keyboard are both unresponsive.

i have a gigabyte h97n wifi with a 120 gb ssd for Yosemite os, 1 tb hdd for Yosemite, 3 tb hdd for Windows 8.1,Linux, data, 8gb ram, and Intel i5 4690.

My my system boots fine with chimera and everything works minus the iMessage. iMessage apparently works with clover which is the reason why I am trying to migrate over. i wanted to try to do this without reinstalling but it just won't work. Doesn't help that I'm a complete noob with this stuff. I've tried some of the solutions for this similar problem but have had no luck.

i want to do a fresh install with clover. Can I? What the safest way to delete everything in my drive as I currently do have an eco partition on both Mac and windows. I don't want anymore issues to occur. Or if possible can you help me migrate over. What can i try? Help:)

Many replies are greatly appreciated.

im having a rough time migrating to clover from chimera.

I have a fully functioning, 100% awesome install of Yosemite + Clover -> meaning, with a little patience you will, too! I was daunted by Clover for years before finally pulling the trigger and just doing it.

I got Yosemite installed by way of Multibeast, then migrated to clover with this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I followed it from step 4 forward to get clover working.

Use the appropriate config .plist in that thread to get your initial boot working and then come back to this thread for any other issues.

I have a fully functioning, 100% awesome install of Yosemite + Clover -> meaning, with a little patience you will, too! I was daunted by Clover for years before finally pulling the trigger and just doing it.

I got Yosemite installed by way of Multibeast, then migrated to clover with this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I followed it from step 4 forward to get clover working.

Use the appropriate config .plist in that thread to get your initial boot working and then come back to this thread for any other issues.

thanks for the guide. i went ahead and unplugged the tb drives and am now currently in the process of reinstalling OS X with clover. not as scary as it seems. did manage to get an error but retried and so far no problems. ill update once the post installation is complete. you are all awesome!

I started to reinstall OS X. Had no issues getting into the installer. Installed OS X with no issues. Went ahead and booted from usb after installation had no issues. Configured clover with clover configuration and then could not boot into SSD. Can now not boot with usb.

I get the following error.
image.jpg

I tried the following boot argument:
DropSSDT=YES DSDT=null -v -f ACPI=Off

and now get this:
image.jpg

i mi can only change things from clover options as I can't boot into OS X.

edit: i could go into bios settings and boot into my usb. it doesn't work from the clover menu.this is when i get the errors above.

i copied my config file. here it is.View attachment config.plist

thanks.

edit #2: i solved my problem. i didn't configure the plist correctly.
View attachment config copy.plist

is the new plist file and it boots. now can't find see my drives mounted on but i think i can solve that on my own as well.

Edit #3
I am researching google on how to resolve my issue but can't seem to find a solution.
When i boot i see this:
IMG_0357.jpg

I have a separate hard drive with windows 8.1, windows reserved, ubuntu, data.

when i go into clover configurator i am prompted to mount my disk which i do. i click on check partition and see that its listed.
View attachment screenshot .tiff

I did see some solutions on other boards and tried the NTFS.efi driver but it didn't work. i even tried some of the plist settings on clovers website but that only made the two rtfs drives disappear from my clover boot loader. Both of those are unbootable.

any inout would be greatly appreciated. Also, at what time is it okay to check to see if iMessage works?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back