CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've always installed my systems on my seagate hd and then copied with carbon copy cloner to RevoDrive. Now I found how to install Mountain Lion directly on my RevoDrive.
Requirements:
A working Mountain Lion already installed on hd (or sata ssd);
Unibeast bootable usb
SiI 3124 Mac OS X 10.6 SATARAID5 install package - You can find it here http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=27&cat=3&os=3
Kextbeast, you will find in Download section of tonymac (registration required)

1-Boot your system with HD, install SiI 3124, then the system will recognize Revodrive
1a-Format Revodrive (Mac OS Journaled, as usual!)
2-Copy SiliconImage3124r5.kext from S/L/E on your desktop
3-Insert Unibeast usb
4-Run Kextbeast and change destination into Unibeast usb
5-Reboot from Unibeast, wich will recognize Revodrive, and choose Revodrive as destination
6-At the end of installation reboot into the working Mountain Lion on HD
7-Check if SiliconImage3124r5.kext is still on desktop (if not re-copy it from S/L/E)
8-Run Kextbeast and choose destination Revodrive
9-Reboot from Unibeast into Revodrive and install Multibeast.

At this point you'll have a fresh bootable install on Revodrive without Carbon Copy Cloner

Cheers!

Hello!

I installed Sil3124 driver on Mountain Lion but doesn't work. Don't recognize my OCZ Revodrive X2 240GB.

How did you do during Mountain Lion?

I have revodrive with hdd in fusiondrive for more one year (with lion) work good! Now with Maverick if i put osx in sleep and resume all is ok but if i run diskutility my volume fusiondrive is damaged..... i need to run diskutility from usbkey to repair it.

Why???? Is a Maverick problem? The SiliconImage kext is too old?

I not able to find a solution or cause....

Edit: The file system does not always corrupts but only sometimes randomly

Hey everyone, I recently purchased two of the OCZ Revodrive X2 240GB from Newegg on major clearance for only $109 each, so I tacked on $20 for 2-year insurance.

But thats off track. I have a Mac Pro 2006 1,1 Original, but now a Vintage Mac Pro, and I've used a new method for replacing the boot.efi to run Mavericks swimmingly and vanilla. It recognized the Revodrive with the SL kext no problem, I can even install a bootable Windows 7 on it.

My only issue is that I can not make it bootable with Mavericks or any Mac OS for that matter. I have tried Carbon Copy Cloner, Super Duper, Disk Utility using a fresh image from a known good source and then installing the driver to that image. I have tried manipulation the install USB using Pacifist. And as far as boot loaders go I have tried chameleon and rEFit, but no combination of these tools has worked. and its driving me mad.

I am hoping to have a new sparked interest in this project as I feel it could be a simple matter of a boot loader issue and nothing more.

Thank you for your help.

Hey everyone, I recently purchased two of the OCZ Revodrive X2 240GB from Newegg on major clearance for only $109 each, so I tacked on $20 for 2-year insurance.

But thats off track. I have a Mac Pro 2006 1,1 Original, but now a Vintage Mac Pro, and I've used a new method for replacing the boot.efi to run Mavericks swimmingly and vanilla. It recognized the Revodrive with the SL kext no problem, I can even install a bootable Windows 7 on it.

My only issue is that I can not make it bootable with Mavericks or any Mac OS for that matter. I have tried Carbon Copy Cloner, Super Duper, Disk Utility using a fresh image from a known good source and then installing the driver to that image. I have tried manipulation the install USB using Pacifist. And as far as boot loaders go I have tried chameleon and rEFit, but no combination of these tools has worked. and its driving me mad.

I am hoping to have a new sparked interest in this project as I feel it could be a simple matter of a boot loader issue and nothing more.

Thank you for your help.

Carbon Copy (or Super Duper as well) doesn't copy the bootloader, you have to install from another bootable system

Thanks for your reply giacomoleopardo.

I failed to mention that I did infact install a boot loader directly to the drive after having done a CCC or SD.

The other thing I have tried is issuing a bless command while running Snow Leopard as its missing in Lion or above.

I think the issue is that the PCI-e SSD will not be seen by an official Mac Pro as it was never intended for the EFI to recognize it.

The thing is now that the new Mac Pro uses PCI-e SSD, I was thinking there could be some hack that could be developed from that.

Thanks

I was wondering if these exact steps would work for osx 10.9.1? I'm currently running 10.9.1 on a Vertex3 SSD with the Sil3124 kext installed and showing my RevoDrive X2. However, after a proper configuration of the X2 partition it was showing a connection type as external and not internal. I currently have 4 hard drives in my setup. Two of them are HDD's, the one is the SSD, and the last is the RevoDrive. During the OP's process I made it all the way up to step 8 and the whole time the RevoDrive was being recognized as an external device. Yet I was able to install the OS?! Anyways, when I reached step 8 and tried to select the RevoDrive it said the kextbeast can't be installed on external devices. When I tried to restart my machine and boot into the RevoDrive. It would just lock up on the apple load screen and displayed a prohibition sign.
Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 11.50.36 PM.png
Not really sure what to do from here. I would love for it to be my boot drive since it has 40 more gigs then the Vertex3. But at least it'll still read and write files to it. Which could be handy for my work but to bad I can't install apps like Adobe CC on it. Any help/update would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back