Contribute
Register

Fresh installation 10.6.3 got stuck on apple screen but an old installation works perfectly where's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
xxx
CPU
xxx
Graphics
xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, I am writing this post because I need some help
I am trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 on this system.

MB: Foxconn q45m socket 775
CPU: Intel dual core E8400 3,00 Ghz
HD: INTEL SSD x25HP 80 Gb (already formatted macOS journaled)
RAM: Corsair XMS2 ddr2 4 Gb 4x1
GRAPHIC CARD: Nvidia 7600 GS 512 mb
DVD: LG GH24SCO x24 Sata

After Loading I BOOT 3.3 and then swapping with SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.3 I got stuck on apple logo scren.
(already tried -x and GraphicsEnabler=No boot

strangely if I change the HD, using the one taken from my white macbook early 2009 SAMSUNG 250 Gb after loading IBOOT 3.3 the system starts on and everything run smoothly and it works as mac pro 3,1

Why I cannot get a fresh installation using this hardware that works pretty well using the HD taken from my macbook ?

Ps following the pre installation guide ,I am not able to find
the line HPET 64 bit on motherboard's bios

Pss I also tried using Iboot Legacy 2,7 with this one I cannot reach neither the swapping page an error boot message appears.

Thanks in advance for the advices

Please help

Some SSDs require a firmware update to work with a Mac. Did you check the Intel site to see if your Intel SSD needed a firmware update?

BTW, 7xxx series graphics cards are not supported in 10.6.4 and later versions of OS X.

• Thanks I'll check for the firmware.
  • I'm trying to install a 10.6.3 version
  • Now I'm writing from a pc running a 10.6.8 with the 7600 gs mounted and it works perfectly for this reason a don't get why I cannot make a fresh install on the same hardware components (except for the HD now I am using the original macbook's one)

:) finger crossed

• Thanks I'll check for the firmware.
  • I'm trying to install a 10.6.3 version
  • Now I'm writing from a pc running a 10.6.8 with the 7600 gs mounted and it works perfectly for this reason a don't get why I cannot make a fresh install on the same hardware components (except for the HD now I am using the original macbook's one)

:) finger crossed

If it works with a drive from a MacBook, clone the Macbook drive and install it in your PC - no need to do a fresh install.

what does the screen stop at when you boot the retail install DVD with just -v boot-arg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back