Contribute
Register

Fresh Install: Sabertooth Z87, Intel I7-4770K etc... So far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so complete the installation, boot again using your usb install key but this time selecting your Mavericks installation. Safe mode is fine at this stage. That should get you to the desktop.

Then install Multibeast options.

Then follow the guide for moving the boot files to the EFI partition.

Thank you so much for the quick replies man...

I installed the multibeast options, Used DSDT free, added usb3 and realtek audio..
This is what i get booting with: PCIRootUID=1 -x

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 3.59.57 PM.jpg
Image link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23269566/IMG_7164.jpeg

Thank you so much for the quick replies man...

I installed the multibeast options, Used DSDT free, added usb3 and realtek audio..
This is what i get booting with: PCIRootUID=1 -x

View attachment 86784
Image link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23269566/IMG_7164.jpeg

This is identical to what I saw using a 10.9.2 installer, I think it may be the same issue.

However, you should not install the USB3 drivers since USB3 is natively supported. Also by choosing DSDT-free, it is including the RTC patch which I dont think should be needed on your board.

I have the Gryphon here, which is the mAtx version of the sabertooth and it is not needed on mine. It has the same chipset too.

What I did was to completely ignore the Quickstart tab in Multibeast since it installed too much for my liking.

The most basic options to select for a working system are FakeSMC, user theme and a system defintion. Based on your hardware, I would use the iMac14,2 definition which is available in Multibeast. Also choose the network kext for your ethernet LAN, which is the Intel one.

You can add other stuff later, such as audio.

The point at which you do install the audio kext, I would suggest using the 'With DSDT' option. The audio might not work straight away, but it is the correct one to use when you have a DSDT, which you can create later. You would need that if you want proper HDMI audio.

Also, if it continues to crash at the same point as seen in the pic, then try removing all but one stick of ram memory, just for the purpose of the install.

Another option which may help out but not guaranteed, is to use an additional boot flag of 'maxmem=4096'.

This boot flag has been around for some time now and sometimes helps with memory related issues.

Also, if it continues to crash at the same point as seen in the pic, then try removing all but one stick of ram memory, just for the purpose of the install.

Another option which may help out but not guaranteed, is to use an additional boot flag of 'maxmem=4096'.

This boot flag has been around for some time now and sometimes helps with memory related issues.

I installed Mountain Lion and could only boot in Safe boot... then I installed multibeast and there was a setting that was supposed to prevent the kernel panic... after that i could boot without -x...
I'm going to try again with mavericks i think..

What didnt work in Mountain Lion was my gtx 780 ti... but i've heard its better on mavericks.. I dont know...

Basically the two errors i always get are the:Kernel panic.. and the bluetooth thing (which i understand is related to graphics)

--------EDIT----------
Mavericks 10.9.2 running now, booting from the SSD... It works!!! i'm so happy thank you so much...
I get the ocational Kernal panic.. when plugging usb drives... Any ideas?

But I got my gtx 780 ti to work and that makes me super happy...
I still have to get the sound to work but still. this is awesome..
IMG_6824.jpg

I installed Mountain Lion and could only boot in Safe boot... then I installed multibeast and there was a setting that was supposed to prevent the kernel panic... after that i could boot without -x...
I'm going to try again with mavericks i think..

What didnt work in Mountain Lion was my gtx 780 ti... but i've heard its better on mavericks.. I dont know...

Basically the two errors i always get are the:Kernel panic.. and the bluetooth thing (which i understand is related to graphics)

--------EDIT----------
Mavericks 10.9.2 running now, booting from the SSD... It works!!! i'm so happy thank you so much...
I get the ocational Kernal panic.. when plugging usb drives... Any ideas?

But I got my gtx 780 ti to work and that makes me super happy...
I still have to get the sound to work but still. this is awesome..
View attachment 86813

Good work, you're on your way.

I've seen glitches with USB in 10.9.2, the source of which i've not identified yet. It never happened in 10.9.1, and I put it down to 10.9.2 specifically. Hopefully a future update will correct that.

Sound is relatively straight forward compared to what you have achieved already :)

Good work, you're on your way.

I've seen glitches with USB in 10.9.2, the source of which i've not identified yet. It never happened in 10.9.1, and I put it down to 10.9.2 specifically. Hopefully a future update will correct that.

Sound is relatively straight forward compared to what you have achieved already :)

So how do i get sound working?

-----EDIT----
nevermind i got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back