CPU
i7-4770K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my second build in the last 3 years.
My current build will be below
Sabertooth Z87
32GB Ram
240GB SSD & 2TB HD
760 or 770 Graphics Card
Connected to a 55" 4k TV
Samsung Sound Bar

So at first I kept getting Kernel crashes and no boot flag worked at this point. Then I remembered having too many devices connected can cause problems.

I disconnected:
Other HDs
Video Card (Used on board)
All Ram except 1 stick

Forgot to disconnect the optical cable though

Did the BIOS changes

I then started using the PCIRootUID=0 and noticed my video would go blank so I tried 1 and bam, into the installation I went.

So far I've completed the install and am currently rebooting.

This may all seem like minor things but it has taken hours to get to this point.

To be continued

Sabertooth Z87
32GB Ram
240GB SSD & 2TB HD
760 or 770 Graphics Card
Connected to a 55" 4k TV
Samsung Sound Bar

So at first I kept getting Kernel crashes and no boot flag worked at this point. Then I remembered having too many devices connected can cause problems.

I disconnected:
Other HDs
All Ram except 1 stick

Did the BIOS changes

I then started using the PCIRootUID=0 and noticed my video would go blank so I tried 1 and bam, into the installation I went.

This may all seem like minor things but it has taken hours to get to this point.

To be continued

These TUF boards are lovely to work with and good quality too! 4770K and Sabertooth is a great combination for a strong build.

Don't forget to list what works and what doesn't, and any little gotchas you come across in completing the installation. That way other people can benefit too.

Usual things such as USB3, HDMI audio, sleep/wake and the settings you used to install, as well as any boot flags.

Btw, I have a 760 video card here, it works without any weird boot flags, but I have GraphicsEnabler=no, which is normal for this generation card.

:thumbup:

Sabertooth Z87
32GB Ram
240GB SSD & 2TB HD
760 or 770 Graphics Card
Connected to a 55" 4k TV
Samsung Sound Bar

I disconnected:
Other HDs
All Ram except 1 stick

Did the BIOS changes

To be continued

Yeah I left off last night stuck, I was able to install it with PCIRootUID=1 but post install would crash shortly after the Bluetooth controller not found which from reading was due to a graphics issue. I gave up and went to bed, this morning same issue and at times couldn't get the USB drive to even boot.

I had many issues others did though I can't say what finally worked I can say I played ALOT with the BIOS settings, I think what eventually did it was I turned off the HD Audio on my board, turned USB to fully inititalized (might have helped) and turned off another HD audio option. I tried booting again with only
PCIRootUID=1 and I was ins tally the desktop finishing up the install and at the desktop playing with Multi-Beast.

All I can say is play play play with the BIOS if you were able to install it.
BTW I still have nothing extra hooked up except 1 SSD drive, key/mouse and 1 stick of 8GB ram

*Now it's just booting directly into the BIOS and not off the SSD*

Yeah I left off last night stuck, I was able to install it with PCIRootUID=1 but post install would crash shortly after the Bluetooth controller not found which from reading was due to a graphics issue. I gave up and went to bed, this morning same issue and at times couldn't get the USB drive to even boot.

I had many issues others did though I can't say what finally worked I can say I played ALOT with the BIOS settings, I think what eventually did it was I turned off the HD Audio on my board, turned USB to fully inititalized (might have helped) and turned off another HD audio option. I tried booting again with only
PCIRootUID=1 and I was ins tally the desktop finishing up the install and at the desktop playing with Multi-Beast.

All I can say is play play play with the BIOS if you were able to install it.
BTW I still have nothing extra hooked up except 1 SSD drive, key/mouse and 1 stick of 8GB ram

*Now it's just booting directly into the BIOS and not off the SSD*

Booting directly to the bios is normal for Asus 8 Series boards.

See here for how to fix that.

Man i've also been trying to get this working with the sabertooth z87 and a 4770K...
It's a mess man i cant get it to work properly.. It crashes at the bluetooth thing and sometimes it calls for kernel panic.
I was able to install mavericks on safe mode and then I could only run it from the USB with -x safe mode.

Also I had to use PCIRootUID=1 ALL THE TIME..

I've tried fresh installing it several different times...
Is your UEFI version 1707???
mine is... Can you tell me what you've changed? DId you use any bootflags?? this is making me crazyyy
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Man i've also been trying to get this working with the sabertooth z87 and a 4770K...
It's a mess man i cant get it to work properly.. It crashes at the bluetooth thing and sometimes it calls for kernel panic.
I was able to install mavericks on safe mode and then I could only run it from the USB with -x safe mode.

Also I had to use PCIRootUID=1 ALL THE TIME..

I've tried fresh installing it several different times...
Is your UEFI version 1707???
mine is... Can you tell me what you've changed? DId you use any bootflags?? this is making me crazyyy
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Sit back, take a deep breath and a chill pill :)

What version OSX are you attempting to install ? There are boot issues with the 10.9.2 installer on some systems, which appears memory related.

10.9.1 does not exhibit this behaviour on my systems, so I setup 10.9.1 and then used the update patch from Apples website to go to 10.9.2.

Theres nothing wrong if you have to use PCIRootUID flag. It is needed for some systems and some gpu's. Dont think of it as a hack, think of it as a configuration setting, which can be placed in your config file so you dont need to type it every time.

You will, however, need to follow the guide I linked to install to the EFI partition. Asus 8 Series boards just wont work otherwise unless you use Clover.

Sit back, take a deep breath and a chill pill :)

What version OSX are you attempting to install ? There are boot issues with the 10.9.2 installer on some systems, which appears memory related.

10.9.1 does not exhibit this behaviour on my systems, so I setup 10.9.1 and then used the update patch from Apples website to go to 10.9.2.

Theres nothing wrong if you have to use PCIRootUID flag. It is needed for some systems and some gpu's. Dont think of it as a hack, think of it as a configuration setting, which can be placed in your config file so you dont need to type it every time.

You will, however, need to follow the guide I linked to install to the EFI partition. Asus 8 Series boards just wont work otherwise unless you use Clover.

I'm attempting a fresh Mavericks install... I downloaded it from the appstore so I guess it's 10.9... or does it come with the 10.9.2 update?

I was thinking I could try doing a fresh install of mountain lion and then change to mavericks when things get more stable..

I know about that EFI partition guide.. I will use it as soon as I get a good install..

Thank you so much for your help man.. I will try to relax and take a chill pill...:idea::silent::beachball:

I'm attempting a fresh Mavericks install... I downloaded it from the appstore so I guess it's 10.9... or does it come with the 10.9.2 update?

I was thinking I could try doing a fresh install of mountain lion and then change to mavericks when things get more stable..

I know about that EFI partition guide.. I will use it as soon as I get a good install..

Thank you so much for your help man.. I will try to relax and take a chill pill...:idea::silent::beachball:

Well its a good idea to know which version you have ;) If you have downloaded in the last couple of weeks, then chances are it will be 10.9.2.

I would recommend making a 10.9.1 installer if you still have that version of the Mavericks app lying around. It just might save your bacon :)

Once you have created your installer, boot from it and start with the basics of just booting with the '-v' flag. That will start it up in verbose mode, so if it does stop you will have at least some idea. If it does stop, take a good clear legible pic of what is on the screen and post it here so we can try to help.

Boot flags can be a little trial and error on a hackintosh, so be prepared to boot the usb install key several times until you find the flags that work for you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to this.

Also, make sure you have the right version of Multibeast available. I would recommend version 6.2.1 if you have the 10.9.2 version of OSX. If you have a 10.9.1 version, then grab Multibeast version 6.10.

Your initial goal should be to get OSX installed on your system, to the point where you can boot it using your usb install key. Once that is done you can move on to setting up the boot files on the EFI partition to make it boot by itself.

Well its a good idea to know which version you have ;) If you have downloaded in the last couple of weeks, then chances are it will be 10.9.2.

I would recommend making a 10.9.1 installer if you still have that version of the Mavericks app lying around. It just might save your bacon :)

Once you have created your installer, boot from it and start with the basics of just booting with the '-v' flag. That will start it up in verbose mode, so if it does stop you will have at least some idea. If it does stop, take a good clear legible pic of what is on the screen and post it here so we can try to help.

Boot flags can be a little trial and error on a hackintosh, so be prepared to boot the usb install key several times until you find the flags that work for you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to this.

Also, make sure you have the right version of Multibeast available. I would recommend version 6.2.1 if you have the 10.9.2 version of OSX. If you have a 10.9.1 version, then grab Multibeast version 6.10.

Your initial goal should be to get OSX installed on your system, to the point where you can boot it using your usb install key. Once that is done you can move on to setting up the boot files on the EFI partition to make it boot by itself.

I confirmed I have 10.9.2
I am able to boot with:
PCIRootUID=1 -x

I've fresh installed several times but i can only boot with safe mode...
So... I dont know.. Should i do this now? http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I will also try removing one of my 2 8GB ram sticks

I confirmed I have 10.9.2
I am able to boot with:
PCIRootUID=1 -x

I've fresh installed several times but i can only boot with safe mode...
So... I dont know.. Should i do this now? http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

I will also try removing one of my 2 8GB ram sticks

Ok, so complete the installation, boot again using your usb install key but this time selecting your Mavericks installation. Safe mode is fine at this stage. That should get you to the desktop.

Then install Multibeast options.

Then follow the guide for moving the boot files to the EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back