Contribute
Register

Fresh install on P55M-UD2: Everything works but shut down and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with safari or app store here. The only graphical glitch I've noticed is that there are a few white lines in the center of the screen when the desktop animates in, but it goes away and I never see it again.

I am also running a p55m-ud2, and was wondering if you had any issues with Safari?

Everything (except iMessage) appears to be working fine on my build except Safari seems to be flashing different parts of websites that contains a cursor. It is quite frustrating!

I thought I would check with you before asking the community as a whole about this weirdness.

To be clear, if a website contains a search box, or login box, or anything that lets you type into then various sections of the page flash in time with the cursor. the area of the page seems to be random and always flashes a white box which sometimes covers the text. also edits to the text don't show properly. I have also noticed a similar thing inside the app store when I am updating software.
I don't think I had anything like this, seems like a graphics card related issue.

I ended up reverting back to Mavericks, Yosemite was just really inconsistent for me. Sometimes it would boot, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it would shut down or restart, sometimes it wouldn't. It ran perfectly fine though (when it worked).

I'll wait it out for now. :/

This kind of issue happens to me at Maverick. I'm still stuck at Lion. EERRR....
Hope I could upgrade to Yosemite. Currently at the process of downloading at appstore.

UPDATE: Was able to install Yosemite 10.10 on my PC.
Only issue now is that Sleep seems to restart my PC when waking up. :/
Definitely clueless on what to do...

will that also work for ga-z68x-ud3h-b3? i also can't shut down or restart. just get a black screen with a spinning wheel.

Hi all,

I have same problem with my m/b GA-B75-D3V. No shutdown, no reset ....

I'm still having issues with restart and shutting down (freezing at the spinning wheel) and random freezing at a black screen that appears just before the login screen (with a progress bar at the bottom). Can anyone of you share with me your P55M-UD2 F11 multibeast settings and step by step process to make your Yosemite install a successful one?

Double post SORRY!!!

Last edited:
A few days of using and here's the current issue that I cant seem to solve.
1. Sleep/Wake - Yes it sleeps but restarts the PC when waking it up.
2. Sometimes, Random Kernal Panic (cpu # .....) at boot up.
3. Random Hanging while using.

Yosemite is nice to use but simply unreliable. :'(

EEERRRR...

I have my P55M-UD2 working. I installed clover following the guide but had to also to use USB FixOwnership to get USB working right. I also used the ACPI rollback and CMOS reset fix to fix reboot and CMOS/Memory speed reset.

Any chance you all could put your multibeast settings here so we can try to work out what the issues are?

With the site's dsdt, all I have to enable with multibeast is Applehda for sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back