Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision T5500
CPU
2x X5690
Graphics
HD 7850
I followed the installation guide of High Sierra and cannot get it to work. I’m doing the clean install method. I made a clover usb stick. I also deleted clover as I’m trying to start completely fresh. I followed the steps up until the point where the computer restarts and you click boot from hard drive to finish MacOS installation. The High Sierra install screen comes back up and says 12 minutes remaining. A moment later the screen goes black with the O with the \ in it. Any suggestions? I’ve been going at it for days and still not progress.

6857148B-0606-4A50-A8A8-EB764138D9D4.jpeg

@MichaelB, please add details of your CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s) to your profile (personal details).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

I have updated my profile.

@MichaelB, please add details of your CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s) to your profile (personal details).

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).
I have attached the pictures as requested with the options you told me to enable. The first picture comes up first. A short time later, the second picture comes up. Not sure why the pics are upside down. Sorry for that.

3FE80D29-3A61-4402-9162-971847B796C5.jpeg 40D874FD-6AE7-4BE0-84B3-520965F1F4A6.jpeg

Still.png

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

View attachment 349348

When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Use a USB2 flash drive.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
I think I’m making progress, but attached is a pic of where it’s hanging now. Once again, sorry it’s upside down.

26405D23-AEE5-4EBD-8942-D0AA3325E8A4.jpeg

View attachment 349348

Use a USB2 flash drive.

I forgot to mention, I don't have USB 3.0 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back