Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fresh install Mojave on Gigabyte Z390 UD freez on boot for install

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MiaA Thaks for the fastest reply ever! :D The situation (now that I remade the installation of the KEXT) is that I understand that the ports are working because they actually read usb sitck, but this is the error that appears with any of them. Is it a sign that the kext are incorrectly installed? thanks!

Attachments

• photo_2019-09-12_08-46-51.jpg
    photo_2019-09-12_08-46-51.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 114
@MiaA Thaks for the fastest reply ever! :D The situation (now that I remade the installation of the KEXT) is that I understand that the ports are working because they actually read usb sitck, but this is the error that appears with any of them. Is it a sign that the kext are incorrectly installed? thanks!

I am not sure what is happening there. I have never seen it or messed with First Aid. I was actually using Windows even before I set up the Hackinsosh, so I am not very experienced.

Dear @Polymitosis

Did you solve that? I have your same mobo and CPU and I'm trying to find a solution to do a clean installation, but there is not too much information of this mobo.

Could you send me your EFI folder? or tell me how did you do?

Thanks in advance!

Dear @Polymitosis

Did you solve that? I have your same mobo and CPU and I'm trying to find a solution to do a clean installation, but there is not too much information of this mobo.

Could you send me your EFI folder? or tell me how did you do?

Thanks in advance!

after several attempts following the indications of the OP (who recommended following these instructions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/) I'm not sure where, but I found the usb file for the z390 in a user's post, look it up (I think
that I found in that post here on tonymac86). My cabinet has 2 front usb of which one became disabled after installation. Beyond that, no problem, the rest works ok. I'll post the EFI folder here tomorrow ... I'm new to hackintosh but I decided to do it and it came out pretty well.

sorry for my bad english (google translate), i'm from Argentina and here the 2nd language educational politics are terrible.

Try this SSDT Usb config.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Z390 UD.aml
    660 bytes · Views: 148
Hello - For those who have gotten the Gigabyte Z390 UD working, what bios rev are you using? I upgraded my board to the lastest version, which was F10a, then tried F9. I can't even boot off a USB drive to start the install. I see kernal panics. Tried vanilla and unibeast but no luck and various EFI folders, but can't get it to even get me to the macos install point from the usb drive. Tried USB2 hubs, various usb ports, usb2 and usb3 drives, no luck.

I am seeing the same exact message as the OP shows in the first message on this thread.

Hello, I've fresh installed OS X Catalina 10.15.5 on my computer using Unibeast and then this guide to make the EFI folder since I couldn't get it to work with multibeast, but when I try to boot from my OS X drive it goes into a black screen. Has anyone got Catalina to work on this board? I'm using integrated graphics
Thank you in advance for your help!

I have only tried with Mojave, but it is working great. Here is my EFI if you want to try it. I got it working first with integrated graphics and recently plugged in a saphhire pulse rx580 and it worked out of the box.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back