Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fresh Install Mojave hangs at 10 minutes or macOS could not be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello Everyone,

This is my first ground up hackintosh build I am working on here. Previously had created a High Sierra hackintosh from a Alienware Alpha R2. This particular build I wanted to have a bit more flexibility. So I decided to build from the ground up and modeled it similarly to Stork's Hero builds. ASUS Maximus Viii hero motherboard with i7-7700k processor and RX 580. From my understanding the motherboard, graphics card, and processor should not create extensive problems with Mojave. However, I am having an issue where either the installer will hang at the 10 minute mark (forcing me to reboot) or the installer will continue and get to a point where the OS installer will actually say "macOS could not be installed on your computer."

So far I have gone ahead and followed Stork's BIOS settings to the letter (I found them here: BIOS Settings). I have created a by the book Mojave USB Installer with Unibeast (found here: Unibeast). I have not yet made any modifications to the "stock" clover config.plist that is created after running Unibeast. The changes suggested in Stork's post (#448), I could not find in either texteditor or Xcode. Attached are a copy of the Clover Install log(not much information is generated on this log, having clover in verbose mode did nothing after it loaded into the installer), my config.plist (as it currently stands), and a macOS Installer log generated during one of my installation attempts.

Hoping someone could assist with this, Thanks.

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 86
  • config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Installer Log 11-Nov-2019.txt
    394.4 KB · Views: 105
A corrupt macOS Mojave installer seemed to be causing the issue, installed finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back