Contribute
Register

Fresh Install - Kernel Panic - Safe Mode works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

this is my first time installing a mac on a windows pc, see me hardware specs in my profile.

I just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after disabling VT-D and enabling AHCI in Bios the Setup runts smoothly trough and MacOS opened, after that I installed Multibeast and added the following:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALC8xx --> Without DSDT --> ALC 887/888B --> v100302 Current
- Disk --> 3rd Party eSata (Dont know why, saw it at another config of a guy with same mainboard and cpu)
- Disk --> Trimenabler
- Miscellaneous --> Fake SMC
- Miscellaneous --> FakeSMC Plugins
- Network --> Atheros - Shailua´s ALX..
- Customization --> System Definitions --> MacPro --> Mac Pro 5,1

After reboot I receive the Kernel Panic (See attachment). With -x I can boot into Mountain Lion without any problems. I have no idea how i can find the issue and also no idea to get rid of it.

Can you guys help me? Thanks in advance.

Steltek

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
Hey Guys,

this is my first time installing a mac on a windows pc, see me hardware specs in my profile.

I just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after disabling VT-D and enabling AHCI in Bios the Setup runts smoothly trough and MacOS opened, after that I installed Multibeast and added the following:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALC8xx --> Without DSDT --> ALC 887/888B --> v100302 Current
- Disk --> 3rd Party eSata (Dont know why, saw it at another config of a guy with same mainboard and cpu)
- Disk --> Trimenabler
- Miscellaneous --> Fake SMC
- Miscellaneous --> FakeSMC Plugins
- Network --> Atheros - Shailua´s ALX..
- Customization --> System Definitions --> MacPro --> Mac Pro 5,1

After reboot I receive the Kernel Panic (See attachment). With -x I can boot into Mountain Lion without any problems. I have no idea how i can find the issue and also no idea to get rid of it.

Can you guys help me? Thanks in advance.

Steltek

Steltek

Several Questions - what is the hardware; we need to know the MB model etc and this should be in your User ID signature file - otherwise we got to ask it over and over again.

How did you get to ML - or how did you get ML

How is the system configured - whats plugged into the system ( For ML the GFX card is removed during install) and we use the iGPU HD3000/HD4000:

Are you dual booting - same drive / seperate drive!

Steltek

Several Questions - what is the hardware; we need to know the MB model etc and this should be in your User ID signature file - otherwise we got to ask it over and over again.

How did you get to ML - or how did you get ML

How is the system configured - whats plugged into the system ( For ML the GFX card is removed during install) and we use the iGPU HD3000/HD4000:

Are you dual booting - same drive / seperate drive!

Hey, sorry for the lack of information.

To your questions:

- Mainboard is GA-Z77-DS3H with Bios F9
- I have a macbook air, downloaded the already bought ML and put it on an external hard drive, like describes here: UniBeast 10.8
- I haven´t used the graphic card at the moment, i use the build in graphic card of the mainboard! (Like you wrote!)
- I use a Samsung 830 SSD, it´s the only harddrive that is connected at the moment.
- IN addition just a Keyboard and a mouse (Both usb) is connected.

Thanks for all your help!

Ok, this is weird.

Now, all I did is booting in safe mode, once again starting multibeast and added the following settings (Take a look at the setting).

The only change for me is the new System (iMac instead Mac Pro). After rebooting, everythings fine now. I also added now the grapic card, even this is working as a charme!

Thanks for whatever, it works. But of course, would be interesting to know what i was!?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.29.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.39.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 185
Next questions, is it ok to install those updates?

Funny is, Version 10.8.2 is already installed, it seems he would like to update.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.08.06.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.08.06.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back