Contribute
Register

Fresh Install - Kernel Panic - Safe Mode works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey Guys,

this is my first time installing a mac on a windows pc, see me hardware specs in my profile.

I just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after disabling VT-D and enabling AHCI in Bios the Setup runts smoothly trough and MacOS opened, after that I installed Multibeast and added the following:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALC8xx --> Without DSDT --> ALC 887/888B --> v100302 Current
- Disk --> 3rd Party eSata (Dont know why, saw it at another config of a guy with same mainboard and cpu)
- Disk --> Trimenabler
- Miscellaneous --> Fake SMC
- Miscellaneous --> FakeSMC Plugins
- Network --> Atheros - Shailua´s ALX..
- Customization --> System Definitions --> MacPro --> Mac Pro 5,1

After reboot I receive the Kernel Panic (See attachment). With -x I can boot into Mountain Lion without any problems. I have no idea how i can find the issue and also no idea to get rid of it.

Can you guys help me? Thanks in advance.

Steltek

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 191
Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI
CPU
XEON x5570
Graphics
NVidia 9600GT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys,

this is my first time installing a mac on a windows pc, see me hardware specs in my profile.

I just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after disabling VT-D and enabling AHCI in Bios the Setup runts smoothly trough and MacOS opened, after that I installed Multibeast and added the following:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALC8xx --> Without DSDT --> ALC 887/888B --> v100302 Current
- Disk --> 3rd Party eSata (Dont know why, saw it at another config of a guy with same mainboard and cpu)
- Disk --> Trimenabler
- Miscellaneous --> Fake SMC
- Miscellaneous --> FakeSMC Plugins
- Network --> Atheros - Shailua´s ALX..
- Customization --> System Definitions --> MacPro --> Mac Pro 5,1

After reboot I receive the Kernel Panic (See attachment). With -x I can boot into Mountain Lion without any problems. I have no idea how i can find the issue and also no idea to get rid of it.

Can you guys help me? Thanks in advance.

Steltek

Steltek

Several Questions - what is the hardware; we need to know the MB model etc and this should be in your User ID signature file - otherwise we got to ask it over and over again.

How did you get to ML - or how did you get ML

How is the system configured - whats plugged into the system ( For ML the GFX card is removed during install) and we use the iGPU HD3000/HD4000:

Are you dual booting - same drive / seperate drive!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Steltek

Several Questions - what is the hardware; we need to know the MB model etc and this should be in your User ID signature file - otherwise we got to ask it over and over again.

How did you get to ML - or how did you get ML

How is the system configured - whats plugged into the system ( For ML the GFX card is removed during install) and we use the iGPU HD3000/HD4000:

Are you dual booting - same drive / seperate drive!

Hey, sorry for the lack of information.

To your questions:

- Mainboard is GA-Z77-DS3H with Bios F9
- I have a macbook air, downloaded the already bought ML and put it on an external hard drive, like describes here: UniBeast 10.8
- I haven´t used the graphic card at the moment, i use the build in graphic card of the mainboard! (Like you wrote!)
- I use a Samsung 830 SSD, it´s the only harddrive that is connected at the moment.
- IN addition just a Keyboard and a mouse (Both usb) is connected.

Thanks for all your help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, this is weird.

Now, all I did is booting in safe mode, once again starting multibeast and added the following settings (Take a look at the setting).

The only change for me is the new System (iMac instead Mac Pro). After rebooting, everythings fine now. I also added now the grapic card, even this is working as a charme!

Thanks for whatever, it works. But of course, would be interesting to know what i was!?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.29.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.04.39.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 174
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Next questions, is it ok to install those updates?

Funny is, Version 10.8.2 is already installed, it seems he would like to update.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.08.06.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-07 um 22.08.06.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.