Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I updated my OS from lion to ML today.
After some problems cause by the Radeon 6870 i finally managed to have a working installation after using kextbeast and multibeast. I restored some parts from my old time machine backup and then moved my user folder from my ssd to another hdd because i need the space. This configuration worked like charm in lion.

Now, after moving my user folder (anynother restart worked perfectly fine before!) my hackintosh freezes on startup at the apple boot screennwith the spinning wheel.
I already tried graphicsenabler=no and -x. Didnt fix the issue.
I attach the last -v results!

My gear:
GA-z68xp-ud3 F9
Amd radeon 6870
120gb ssd and several hhd intern

Hope you guys can help me out here..and thank you in advance!

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 146
Sounds like whatever you did (or didn't do) when you moved your Users folder is causing the problem. Would use the OS X option in accounts to do this. Also, did you move the Extra folder and forget to create an alias? Check permissions on the moved folders.

That's what i thought, too.. Thanks ghorwith!
As far as i know, i didnt move the Extras folder. I dont have to move any fixed kexts too, do it?
I had the common problem during install with ati6000...kext.
Now how do i get into os x again? Is there a way to fix this through booting from unibeast stick?

Chris

That's what i thought, too.. Thanks ghorwith!
As far as i know, i didnt move the Extras folder. I dont have to move any fixed kexts too, do it?
I had the common problem during install with ati6000...kext.
Now how do i get into os x again? Is there a way to fix this through booting from unibeast stick?

Chris
If you think the problem is related to moving the user folder, then you might boot with the ML install usb, open a terminal session and delete the alias to users. This should get you back to normal.

That freeze is to do with the FakeSMC plugins, it's well documented.

You need to delete the OemSMBIOS from FakeSMC, there is incompatibility with Mountain Lion from the 10.7 version.
Source: http://www.tonymacx86.com/209-os-x-10-8-2-update/comments9.html

10.8.2 Troubleshooting

• If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.

That freeze is to do with the FakeSMC plugins, it's well documented.

You need to delete the OemSMBIOS from FakeSMC, there is incompatibility with Mountain Lion from the 10.7 version.
Source: http://www.tonymacx86.com/209-os-x-10-8-2-update/comments9.html

10.8.2 Troubleshooting

• If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.

Good point. Maybe I'm wrong, but I interpreted cstre's original message to indicate ML was running prior to moving the users folder. If instead, some items from the Lion backup were copied and the Users folder were all moved at the same time then it could well be a combination of FakeSMC plugins, OEMsmbios.kext, and items copied from Lion. Very hard to sort it out when multiple variables are changed at the same time.

Good point. Maybe I'm wrong, but I interpreted cstre's original message to indicate ML was running prior to moving the users folder. If instead, some items from the Lion backup were copied and the Users folder were all moved at the same time then it could well be a combination of FakeSMC plugins, OEMsmbios.kext, and items copied from Lion. Very hard to sort it out when multiple variables are changed at the same time.

After reading Craigrox post, i feared as much. It makes sense since i restored old settings from my Time Machine Backup.
Though i tried booting with -x (gave me white screen) and GraphicsEnabler=No -x (White screen as well) and other tryouts, nothing worked for me.

I think the safest thing here is to reinstall ML and start from scratch, manually copying the safed files i need (such as music etc) and not restoring it automatically.
And since i couldn`t figure out, how to fix the kext problem with Terminal from Unibeast Stick (wasn`t able to go to the directory) i thought of a reinstall as well. It's no biggi, i like tinkering on stuff.. ;-)

Can be quite helpful to clean up my data as well when starting from scratch :)

Thank you for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back