Graphics
Asus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have searched other forums and nothing I tried has worked.

I am running Mavericks on a Gigabyte GA-B75-D3P motherboard. (Let me know if you guys need additional specs)

I haven't found any help forums with this motherboard.

2 out of 3 times when I plug in a USB flash drive the computer freezes, and needs to be restarted.

Thanks so much for your help.

USB is problematic in Apple machines and worse in Hackintoshes.

In particular it can be very difficult to get USB 3 running correctly and even USB 2 may not have full functionality.

The Apple forums have many postings about OSX not recognzing USB keys or hard drives, not searching those drives, not booting if a non bootable USB drive or a second USB pointing device is plugged into an Apple machine.
Apple blames the USB vendors. Since I also use genuine Apple machines and have experienced these issues I tend to blame OSX.

The point is that rather than recognizing your USB drive, which OSX has problems with even on Apple machines, that process may be causing a software freeze. Most likely your USB ports are not optimally configured. It could just be your USB key.

First it is not clear if this is a recent problem. If so try to restore from Time Machine to a previous configuration that was working.
Otherwise I would first back up with Time Machine or clone my current configuration.

Then I would suggest hunting down the USB kexts installed by Multibeast in the Extensions folder, delete them and reboot. Then rerun Multibeast making sure you have the correct choices made. If you delete something vital you can boot with Unibeast to the install screen and restore from Time Machine. It may take a few tries to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back